3400 turbo.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alxsmt
    replied
    well I want something with a little "lag" thinking it will help with traction.

    I wont over rev that turbo?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mars
    replied
    a gt3076 would work well. 57mm.

    Would spool right now and they map out OK on a 3400.. I'd love to get one in my Fiero one day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alxsmt
    started a topic 3400 turbo.

    3400 turbo.

    well, after going for a ride in my freinds 290whp evo the other day, Im scraping the roll cage plan for this coming winter and picking up the pace for the turbo setup im working on. I cant figure out how to read maps for the life of me.. well from what I can see on garrets site nothing is in the boost range im thinking about running so im not sure if it really even matters too much as long as the turbo isnt too small

    the plan - keep my current 3400/3500 10.5:1 cammed engine but regap the rings for boost. start with 3psi and see where it goes from there. Im thinking no more than 5 on this engine. pump gas. when the engine goes, maybe 10psi on a "stock" 3400. I have been cleaning up my engine bay and making room for the past year.

    everybody seems to love the gt35 but I dont think I will need a turbo that big. I would like to buy one while I have tax returns, then i cant back out.

    I want boost to kick in at about 3000-3500, power kept in the upper rpm range till 7k max

    external waste gate only.

    yes most people might consider this pointless with such little boost, gotta start somewhere. Im fairly new to boost and this is also a learning tool. the current setup puts out 220ish whp (final dyno tune on the 23rd for offical #s if I get my charging issue sorted out)

    any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, flaming, etc is welcome
Working...