Wanted: Timing tool for DOHC

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vinny
    • Apr 2008
    • 50

    #1

    Wanted: Timing tool for DOHC

    I need one or a lead on one,
  • 94GPGTP
    95 Grand Prix GTP
    • Apr 2007
    • 593

    #2
    type in 3.4 DOHC on ebay search.. there is a set right now on there
    Robert
    ---------------------------------------------------
    96 Grand Prix SE 3100 202,000 miles
    New Rebuilt 3100
    New Rebuilt 4T60-E
    Exhaust
    Drilled/Slotted Rotors


    95 Grand Prix GTP 177,000 miles
    White
    3" Magnaflow Catback
    Lowered 2" Eibach in front Brichmount Rear
    94-96 Hi-Po 5 Stars on 245/50/16


    90 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix
    5 Speed Swapped
    127,000
    Spec Stage 3 Clutch
    230,000 mile Getrag 282
    Emissions Deleted
    Brand new Engine 1,000 Miles
    Fully Custom Built car

    Comment

    • vinny
      • Apr 2008
      • 50

      #3
      Isn't there a different tool I need also? To actually set the timing I think somepeople on here had some made. I'm watching the one on EBay

      Comment

      • dohcfiend
        King Chalupa
        • Jan 2004
        • 2351

        #4
        i haven't looked on ebay but if you are setting stock timing, just about anything will do. You can use a piece of keystock with a hole cut in it for stock timing. The ones that were sold here were specialized for altered timing.
        The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

        Comment

        • vinny
          • Apr 2008
          • 50

          #5
          I'm learning a little more and more. I am interested in altering the timing for performance reasons. I found the articles on making the hold down tools. I can do that with no problem. The other tool pulls the came gear off. There is another article on how to do this using a steering wheel puller. I can do this also. Its the other tool I believe used to hold the gear that I havent figured out yet. Can't I use a degree wheel to alter the stock timing?

          Vinny

          Comment

          Working...