service engine soon codes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    Originally posted by planethax View Post




    didn't realize this was an old thread. I think i found it in the "new posts" section lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Weatheralls Auto
    replied



    Leave a comment:


  • [ChaosweaveR]
    replied
    Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
    paperclip method won't work like brad said, and every time i went to autozone/advanced auto they didn't have the correct scanner for our cars, which is hard to believe because it's really just obd-1 (the 95 year has obd1 with an obd2 port which can confuse people)

    i ended up buying my own scanner for 150$ actron 9150 IIRC and has been able to scan my 93 bird and every other car i own right now.
    I work for them, and they do sell the very simplistic code readers, but nothing like what you bought. Honestly, since a lot of people that work at Autozones aren't totally car savvy and take the time to realize or understand the difference between OBDI and OBDII, it's just easier to know if the car is 96+ and just pull troublecodes. Sadly, since we don't have the equipment, my store has turned away a lot of people needing codes from pre-96 cars.

    Leave a comment:


  • tkoforpresident
    replied
    Originally posted by bszopi View Post
    I don't think you can pull codes with a paperclip on a 93 Firebird due to the ECM. I know the functionality was removed in 94 for the FWD cars due to the new OBD-1.5 setup, and I think the f-bodies went to that system in 93... Best bet would be to take it to AutoZone and get them to pull the codes for free.
    paperclip method won't work like brad said, and every time i went to autozone/advanced auto they didn't have the correct scanner for our cars, which is hard to believe because it's really just obd-1 (the 95 year has obd1 with an obd2 port which can confuse people)

    i ended up buying my own scanner for 150$ actron 9150 IIRC and has been able to scan my 93 bird and every other car i own right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • bszopi
    replied
    I don't think you can pull codes with a paperclip on a 93 Firebird due to the ECM. I know the functionality was removed in 94 for the FWD cars due to the new OBD-1.5 setup, and I think the f-bodies went to that system in 93... Best bet would be to take it to AutoZone and get them to pull the codes for free.

    Leave a comment:


  • cold_surfer
    replied
    oh yeah -- 1993 firebird V6 3.4L all stock except K&N filter... automatic.

    Leave a comment:


  • cold_surfer
    started a topic service engine soon codes

    service engine soon codes

    the system is throwing a code to light up the "service engine soon" idiot liht while driving. If I pull off the road, shut off car, insert paper clip to jump a&b (upper right two pins) then click on ignition to run -- nothing happens but the service light glows steady and no flashing. also -- radiator fan turns on at the same time.

    any ideas of how to find that Code?? jump different pins?

    thanks, CS
Working...