97 Grand AM 3100

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cjvolcom
    • May 2009
    • 14

    #1

    97 Grand AM 3100

    Hello Everyone and thanks in advance.

    So I have a 97 Grand Am with a 3100 in it, the cam is sheard and there maybe other problems with bent valves (I don't know because I have not started tearing it down yet). My origonal plan was to grab a cam from a salvage yard and rebuild the engine. But after reading around I think the better bet would be to get a low-milage 3400 and bolt it in there. Would that be the better chose?

    And I know these some of this is already else were on the site but I want to clarify before I buy anything. Would the 3100 to 3400 be a direct swap and bolt right in? Will it work with my stock tranny and A/C? Would it be plug-in-play per se? or would I have to make modifications to my car or the 3400 to get it to work? and if so, what would I have to do?

    Thanks again guys.
  • bszopi
    Site Coder
    • Apr 2000
    • 9190

    #2


    Download the guide. That should help answer all of your questions about the swap. That site is about ready to get a make-over, with much more information added, but for now, the guide will help you get an idea of what to do.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

    Comment

    • cjvolcom
      • May 2009
      • 14

      #3
      the link to the guide (http://www.3400swap.com/guide_2_5_6.pdf) seems to be broken. Is there a mirror? or do you have a copy you could upload?

      Comment

      • bszopi
        Site Coder
        • Apr 2000
        • 9190

        #4
        http://60degreev6.com/forum/local_li...catid=14&id=57

        Its not the latest version, but should work for a breif overview. I'll see if I can't get the link to the latest working...
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

        Comment

        • bszopi
          Site Coder
          • Apr 2000
          • 9190

          #5
          Here you go... http://3400swap.60degreev6.com/3400%...on%202.5.6.pdf

          And I fixed the link as well...
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

          Comment

          Working...