Carburator on a 3.1.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Luisma55
    • Jun 2009
    • 3

    #1

    Carburator on a 3.1.

    I have a 3.1 that I am going to install on my 1979 MGB. I want to use carburator. Do anyone have done this? Thanks


    I also think I posted this in a wrong forum, sorry.
    Luisma55
    Goshen, KY
  • bszopi
    Site Coder
    • Apr 2000
    • 9190

    #2
    What 3.1 are you wanting to use? Currently, the only way to run a carb is with iron heads, unless you fab up a custom manifold for the alum heads.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

    Comment

    • BMC
      • Dec 2003
      • 146

      #3
      Lots of the V6 MGB guys have done this. Are you going the 4barrel route or the stock 2 barrel carb?

      If your going the 4 barrel route and you want to keep it under the sheet metal, you need to look at the custom lowered upper portion that is CNC milled to fit the MGB conversion.

      Basically, you have said nothing about your conversion- iron head, alloy head, what the engine is out of, what gearboxs your placing behind it, engine mount and header type (for locating the engine properly) and so on. Lots of variables but no info from you. :-)

      Not to take away from this forum which gives Great info on the V6, Lots of specific info. on the MG Experience V6 forum.

      -BMC.
      MG & MGB V6 + V8 Engine Conversion Shop

      1982 Chevrolet S10 long box with another L32 SFI!
      1980 MGB with Camaro L32 3.4L SFI V6
      2000 Venture 3400 (for her)
      Spitfire L32 3.4L
      "Experimentals"
      and more conversions all the time.

      Comment

      Working...