Another 3400 swap

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smartinz26
    • Feb 2004
    • 8

    #1

    Another 3400 swap

    Here is a pic of the swap I did a couple weeks ago.





    discuss.


    I know its teal, not my idea... But it was in a Teal Indy. [/img]
    Stephanie
  • v6h.o.
    • Oct 2003
    • 1418

    #2
    wheres the air filter :P

    do i see an adjustable FPR, and a Line off the Rail going to a fuel pressure gauge?

    Looks good Steph. yeah the teal sure doesnt look.... well... it looks..... eeerr... ... um yeah..
    Colin
    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
    90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

    Comment

    • smartinz26
      • Feb 2004
      • 8

      #3
      he has a custom trans am ram air style hood, as far as I know that particular rubber intake tube will not be used.

      ya thats a apfr and the gauge, it didnt want to fit under the plenum like we had planned.

      The only wires that were lengthened was for the 3 wire coolant temp sensor. This particular year used the two wire gauge sender and the two wire ecu sensor. This one has the "NEW" and improved throttle/cruise/kickdown cable setup we found works great . and quick connect fuel lines instead of compression fittings. also used some different radiator hoses that I found worked perfect. We didnt get the egr adapter on yet, its still at the machine shop. I have 50 on the way.
      Stephanie

      Comment

      • v6h.o.
        • Oct 2003
        • 1418

        #4
        for my brothers 91 z24 3400 swap i used a 98 Montana Van 3400 Lower Rad hose as the UPPER rad hose for the Zed.... worked perfect.

        Chris was telling me about your TV cable setup. good find.
        Colin
        92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
        90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

        Comment

        • Z2_4cams
          • Oct 2003
          • 147

          #5
          Originally posted by v6h.o.
          for my brothers 91 z24 3400 swap i used a 98 Montana Van 3400 Lower Rad hose as the UPPER rad hose for the Zed.... worked perfect.

          Chris was telling me about your TV cable setup. good find.
          ya it is a good find, and to think I have had one of those tb's for 6 months now
          1989 Z24 3.1/3400 hybrid
          14.13@96.69 N/a slick full interior
          maybe my \"dreams\" should be a little higher :P

          Comment

          • twistedindy1
            • Apr 2004
            • 57

            #6
            Hey, the teal looks great, that was my idea. The air cleaner is on in the works right now, but it will come around the front and then go straight up into the hood. I will post some pics when I get it done, but it won't be for a couple of weeks because of my wedding. Doing all of the touch ups now like hiding the wiring better and just making it look even more stock. Enjoy.
            Marc

            Comment

            Working...