Best candidate for the 3400? What would you put it in?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • xtremesunfire
    • Nov 2005
    • 61

    #16
    a sunfire

    Comment

    • RebelGT
      • Oct 2003
      • 642

      #17
      26+6=1

      Comment

      • Manitcor
        • Oct 2003
        • 573

        #18
        Originally posted by RebelGT
        www.stalkerv6.com
        I was looking for that site when I first read this thread but I couldnt remeber the name.

        God if I had about $20k

        1995 Monte Carlo LS
        3400 SFI 60v6
        FFP Underdrive Pulley, S&S Headers, LSD, ODBII Swap, DHP

        Comment

        • korbendallas68
          • 3400swap.com •
          • Oct 2003
          • 553

          #19
          Wow. Sweet. That would an awesome project.
          1995 Grand Am GT
          3400 V6 / 4T60-E / Engine Swap
          3400 Engine Swap Guide Version 2.5 is Available!
          www.3400swap.com

          Comment

          • mudbug
            • Mar 2006
            • 3

            #20
            An old Chevy Citation would be cool. When my wife and I were dating she had an '82 with a 2.8L. A 3400 would swap right in. Turbo that sucker and shock the hell out of the local ricers.
            \"Seven years of college down the drain!\"

            Comment

            • sharkey
              • Jun 2004
              • 2061

              #21
              i think a cool canidate for a 3400 would be a chevette. i mean, its rwd, and small. i think a 3400 with a t5, some 3.92 gears, stiffen the back end right up, get the front end to stick well, and show those toyota corolla ae86's how to drift!!!

              Comment

              • Doubt_Incarnate
                I still watch ROBOTECH!
                • Jan 2005
                • 1130

                #22
                Originally posted by sharkey
                i think a cool canidate for a 3400 would be a chevette. i mean, its rwd, and small. i think a 3400 with a t5, some 3.92 gears, stiffen the back end right up, get the front end to stick well, and show those toyota corolla ae86's how to drift!!!
                maybe, i hear chevettes have really weak rear ends. you might show an ae86 what bits of rear end gears look like, lol.

                how about a fiero kit car project? that way you can have a 1 of a kind look with rwd/rear (or is it considered mid?) engine performance. it depends on how much work your willing to do.

                a fiero is the "fastest" eaier swap probly, then the j-bodies. even the newer ones dont seem to bad.

                you could try and find a 96 corsica, those had 3100's in them and a 3400 should drop right in. swap the auto for a hm-282 5 speed and you should have 1 hell of a sleeper with a good set of shocks and swaybars.
                If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

                Comment

                • gboogie99
                  they still can't catch me
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 348

                  #23
                  volvo 960 anybody?

                  Comment

                  • Nightingale
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 259

                    #24
                    I'd have to say find a beretta, but thats my beretta bias speaking. Black GTU looks really sharp heh.
                    98 camaro swapping in lz9 th400 setup
                    LZ9 specs: (Subject to Change work in progress)
                    4.0L(after bore 3.917 and stroke 3.3485),carrillo sbc rods(narrowed),wiseco custom forged pistons 8.5:1 CR, TCE Double Roller timing chain, gen 3 cam, P&P heads, headers 1 3/4 primaries into 3-1 collector, and going to run ms2.

                    Comment

                    • RebelGT
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 642

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Manitcor
                      Originally posted by RebelGT
                      www.stalkerv6.com
                      I was looking for that site when I first read this thread but I couldnt remeber the name.

                      God if I had about $20k
                      you can build one for a way less then that, I should know....
                      26+6=1

                      Comment

                      • 96 century
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 49

                        #26
                        maybe, i hear chevettes have really weak rear ends. you might show an ae86 what bits of rear end gears look like, lol.
                        A rear end from a s10 swap in chevette quite easily.

                        Comment

                        Working...