Lumina 3.1 to3.4 DOHC ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 38v62
    • Apr 2006
    • 4

    #1

    Lumina 3.1 to3.4 DOHC ???

    I have 1997 Lumina 3.1 can I put 3.4 DOHC 1998 in my car .The motor mounts ,Ac. and Alt. do look different .I thought I was getting a reg. 3.4 from junk yard . Please help Erik in Va.
  • korbendallas68
    • 3400swap.com •
    • Oct 2003
    • 553

    #2
    Eek. So you bought a 3.4 DOHC? and not a 3400? Ouch!

    It'll take quite a bit more work to get the DOHC in there... Does anyone know if Lumi's ever came with it?
    1995 Grand Am GT
    3400 V6 / 4T60-E / Engine Swap
    3400 Engine Swap Guide Version 2.5 is Available!
    www.3400swap.com

    Comment

    • birdman
      • May 2005
      • 274

      #3
      look at the sig and dohc's were only made to 97 and those are almost impossible to find. go for a 3800 or L67. for the time it takes to swap and the gain your gonna get, its the best way. unless your stuck on the LQ1.
      92 Lumina euro 3.4 DOHC 139,XXX miles

      Comment

      • korbendallas68
        • 3400swap.com •
        • Oct 2003
        • 553

        #4
        Oh! Duh. lol

        I knew that that style of Lumi had the 3.4D, I was thinking newer bodystyle?..
        1995 Grand Am GT
        3400 V6 / 4T60-E / Engine Swap
        3400 Engine Swap Guide Version 2.5 is Available!
        www.3400swap.com

        Comment

        • birdman
          • May 2005
          • 274

          #5
          the new ones got it till 96 or 97. more specificaly the lumina ls or monte z-34. and i knoe for sure the top dogbones are different. go for a L67 or n/a 3800, less of a pain in the ass and more power for the money.
          92 Lumina euro 3.4 DOHC 139,XXX miles

          Comment

          Working...