Transmission Drive Chain

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dave
    • Nov 2003
    • 222

    #1

    Transmission Drive Chain

    Anyone try replacing this while the trans is still in the car?

    I was thinking about stepping up from the 37/33 to the 33/37 for a better final drive - I'll lose a little up top, but I'll get there a whole lot faster.

    --Dave.
    Dave ... Dave.45 ... DaveFromColorado ... it\'s all me.
  • 4spdz34
    • Oct 2003
    • 185

    #2
    yes it is possible, u can rebuild the whole trans in the car. u have to lower the drivers side of the cradle so that u can get the side pan bolts off, then u gotta take off the pump and valve body and u prob know where to go from there. good luck

    Comment

    • dykz34
      • Jan 2004
      • 793

      #3
      The 4T60E that came with the DOHC already has that ratio. All you gotta do is get a 3.33 diff. to achieve the 3.73 overall FDR.

      Comment

      • Dave
        • Nov 2003
        • 222

        #4
        welp, I guess I'm off to the junkyard for a good core trans to rebuild just gonna rebuild the whole thing then, I wouldn't mind a 3.73 ratio on the wheels there. little bit of grinding on some of the final pressure plates and I'm sure I can get an extra clutch in each housing. time to expirement with dave's half assed trans building

        --Dave
        Dave ... Dave.45 ... DaveFromColorado ... it\'s all me.

        Comment

        • 4spdz34
          • Oct 2003
          • 185

          #5
          Originally posted by Dave
          welp, I guess I'm off to the junkyard for a good core trans to rebuild just gonna rebuild the whole thing then, I wouldn't mind a 3.73 ratio on the wheels there. little bit of grinding on some of the final pressure plates and I'm sure I can get an extra clutch in each housing. time to expirement with dave's half assed trans building

          --Dave

          hahahaha. the extra clutch idea sounds good, in theory it should work. lets us know

          Comment

          • Dave
            • Nov 2003
            • 222

            #6
            yeah, theorys often go up in smoke, I just hope my theory doesn't go up in smoke after I build it.

            I'm gonna have to get that good LSD and a good trans master kit, then order an extra set of clutches for the thing. I'm gonna also have to figure out what I can to do the Valve Body to see what I can do about firmer shifts with less crossover between gears. I'm not a trans expert in any sense of the word, but I did get a good grade in the class, and I had my 440-T4 done before everyone else, and mine was the only one that shifted properly.

            --Dave.
            Dave ... Dave.45 ... DaveFromColorado ... it\'s all me.

            Comment

            • 4spdz34
              • Oct 2003
              • 185

              #7
              i make a shift kit for the accumulators, but trans go makes a kit for the valve body that fixes some issues with the trans, it won't make it shift harder but its good to have

              Comment

              Working...