4t60e from lumina vs 4t60e from Century

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BumpRacerX.com
    • Dec 2009
    • 86

    #1

    4t60e from lumina vs 4t60e from Century

    Does anyone know right off hand what the differences are between these two transmissions? I've got a good one out of a 1995 Century that I would like to use in something, but want to make sure it's going to work first.
  • bszopi
    Site Coder
    • Apr 2000
    • 9190

    #2
    One is a 95, but what about the other?
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

    Comment

    • robertisaar
      W-Body for Life!
      • May 2007
      • 6414

      #3
      a 95 century is an A-body, which had similar transaxle mounts to a W, but i'm not sure if they were 100% the same.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

      Comment

      • pocket-rocket
        Because stock sucks...
        • Oct 2003
        • 6252

        #4
        At first guess, I would bet the bodies are exactly the same (bolt holes, ect)- it would be the gearing that I would imagine would be different, but I would imagine mounts would swap over.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

        Comment

        • robertisaar
          W-Body for Life!
          • May 2007
          • 6414

          #5
          hmm... well 95 3100 a-cars have 2.97 gears, so yeah, that could be a concern.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

          Comment

          • BumpRacerX.com
            • Dec 2009
            • 86

            #6
            Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
            hmm... well 95 3100 a-cars have 2.97 gears, so yeah, that could be a concern.
            Good catch on the gears. As for the year of the lumina, it could be about any year. I have a '93, '95 and a '98 at my place right now. From what I can see all you have to do is swap the pans because they have different mounts.

            Where would I find more info on the actual ratio's of each gear? I'm curious is there is any 4t60e's that would work better than others for drag racing.

            Comment

            • robertisaar
              W-Body for Life!
              • May 2007
              • 6414

              #7
              every 4T60, 4T60E and 4T65E all have the same 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear ratios, the only thing that's adjustable gearing wise, is the differential itself and the chain drive, which can get you from 3.73 down to 2.5x IIRC.
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

              Comment

              Working...