Tranny Problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jweir22
    • Oct 2003
    • 111

    #1

    Tranny Problem

    Wondering why sometimes my tranny doesn't always engage some times it slips and revs hi 6500RPM.kicking it down from 2nd to first.It seems to get worse when Making a left turn HMM puzzling.I need the tranny wizards to give me some reasons why it would be doing this?
    1995 Cutlass Supreme 3100 SFI
    Cold Air K&N Filter
    58mm TB
    Dynomax Duel Exhaust with Performance Catalytic Converter
    FFP Underdrive Crank Pulley
    1/4 mile 15.65 at 90.8 mph
  • 4spdz34
    • Oct 2003
    • 185

    #2
    sounds like low fluid level

    Comment

    • bszopi
      Site Coder
      • Apr 2000
      • 9190

      #3
      Exactly. I have a slow leak in my tranny, and I know its time to put another quart into it when my car starts doing the exact same thing. Once the fluid level is back up, it works fine again.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

      Comment

      • Anonymous

        #4
        Could be a leak (like I had), or maybe a leak in the vaccum line (modulator is one thing to check).

        Comment

        • jweir22
          • Oct 2003
          • 111

          #5
          I'll try topping up the tranny fluid first but it did look full.
          1995 Cutlass Supreme 3100 SFI
          Cold Air K&N Filter
          58mm TB
          Dynomax Duel Exhaust with Performance Catalytic Converter
          FFP Underdrive Crank Pulley
          1/4 mile 15.65 at 90.8 mph

          Comment

          • Anonymous

            #6
            Make sure you check the fluid when the car is idling in park/neutral on level ground and its warmed-up.

            Comment

            • Anonymous

              #7
              According to my owners manual (for automatics anyways): Have car idle in park for 5min, then shift through each gear, then check in park.

              Comment

              • bszopi
                Site Coder
                • Apr 2000
                • 9190

                #8
                I have always heard that you want to check it after a trip of at least 15 miles to allow for the tranny to be up to temp and been through all the gears. You don't want to check it after a constant high speed or after alot of stop and go traffic.
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

                Comment

                Working...