4T60-E wiring

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cliff8928
    • Oct 2003
    • 532

    #1

    4T60-E wiring

    Ok, so here's the deal.... My friends 3400 Z26 has a new transmission in it, however it is from a 1996 MC Z34.

    Now the wiring has been modified and it drives.... but it never makes it to Overdrive...

    Now, i have an idea on this... I think it may have to do with the Park/Netural switch, as I know for a fact the beretta shifter goes P R N (D) D L

    does a 96 montecarlo (probably all W-Bodies) have the shifter that goes P R N (D) D 2 1 ?

    Any idea on if this will require a shifter, Park/Neutral Swtich, or other change?!?


    Cliff Scott
    89 BerettaGT
    89 Volvo740
    Cliff Scott
    89 BerettaGT
    04 AleroGX
  • patgizz
    The Plaid Bandit
    • Oct 2003
    • 1071

    #2
    does it not shift into 4th or just not have lockup?

    i never got around to making my lockup work and i drove the car for a year like that and still got 28mpg cruising on the highway. w-body shifters are P R N (D) D 2 1

    i had to rewire my harness a little because my drivetrain is a 91 and i used my 94 harness

    Comment

    • 4spdz34
      • Oct 2003
      • 185

      #3
      does he have trouble shifting into park?
      it sounds like his shifter only has room for 6 selections and the trans has 7 selections so he is never shifting into overdrive? make sense

      Comment

      • bszopi
        Site Coder
        • Apr 2000
        • 9190

        #4
        Mine never shifted into OD when I did my ECM swap. If you are looking for wiring info, check out the tranny section on the main site. I think I have just about every wiring possibility up there, you just have to look for it. If its not in the picture gallery, check the TSBs. I also discussed this in a thread in the computer tuning area titled "FLASH". Check there for other thoughts of mine...
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

        Comment

        • Cliff8928
          • Oct 2003
          • 532

          #5
          No difficulties in any of the other gears... just no OD (or lockup for that matter)

          Cliff Scott
          89 BerettaGT
          89 Volvo740
          Cliff Scott
          89 BerettaGT
          04 AleroGX

          Comment

          Working...