3100/3400 injectors

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 4-speed
    • Jan 2007
    • 4

    #1

    3100/3400 injectors

    I recently picked up a '03 3400 to put in a '96 Grand Prix that had a 3100. What would it take to make the 3400 injectors work in the older vehicle? I do have the injector harness for both engines.
  • Azrael
    Accelerating uphill in OD
    • Apr 2005
    • 763

    #2
    You'd need to find a way to tune the computer to the higher flow rate. DHP/HP tuners could do this but you'd be paying a LOT just to get different injectors working. The 3100's #17 injectors should run a 3400 fine unless you plan on going past 200HP.
    1995 Grand Am SE

    Comment

    • 4-speed
      • Jan 2007
      • 4

      #3
      thanks for the info

      Comment

      • gectek
        Banned
        • Aug 2006
        • 1472

        #4
        ok so on this note, do the 99 injectors have the same elec conn that the 00 and up injectors do...say like on a 3400 gagt.

        Comment

        • 4-speed
          • Jan 2007
          • 4

          #5
          Originally posted by 4-speed View Post
          I recently picked up a '03 3400 to put in a '96 Grand Prix that had a 3100. What would it take to make the 3400 injectors work in the older vehicle? I do have the injector harness for both engines.

          I know this swap is common for you guys, but I just got this thing running this morning and I can't believe how simple it was and I have to smile when I put the pedal down.
          The 3100 injectors work just fine.

          Comment

          Working...