60šV6 Family Tree

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ndp663
    • Oct 2007
    • 6

    #1

    60šV6 Family Tree

    I was looking through the Family Tree and it has the bore of a 2.8 listed at 89mm while Summit Racing has the bore listed at 89.256mm. I was just curious as to which one was correct.

    Thanks,
    Nate
  • Superdave
    Been there, Built that.
    • Sep 2004
    • 5850

    #2
    89mm is 3.503"

    89.256mm is 3.514" so that would be a .011" overbore. Dosen't look like Summit lists a stock bore piston.



    http://60degreev6.com/local_links.ph...id=61&catid=15
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

    Comment

    • ndp663
      • Oct 2007
      • 6

      #3
      Thanks for clearing that up for me.

      Nate

      Comment

      • geoffinbc
        Iron Head Enthusiast
        • Oct 2003
        • 5831

        #4
        The error happens when people round off the conversion of metric to standard. All 660's are metric and the specs for the tree came from my GM manual.
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

        Comment

        • ndp663
          • Oct 2007
          • 6

          #5
          Is there anywhere I can pick up a GM manual. I've seen the S-10 manuals, is that about the best I can get?

          Nate

          Comment

          • geoffinbc
            Iron Head Enthusiast
            • Oct 2003
            • 5831

            #6
            www.helminc.com. They are about $80 a pop but worth every dollar. They go far beyond a Haynes or Chilton manual.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

            Comment

            • 85_Olds_Ciera
              • Aug 2007
              • 259

              #7
              Originally posted by betterthanyou View Post
              www.helminc.com. They are about $80 a pop but worth every dollar. They go far beyond a Haynes or Chilton manual.
              These folks work for me....at a much cheaper rate....

              We sell factory manuals and literature for all makes and models of vehicles from 1902 to the present.

              Comment

              • geoffinbc
                Iron Head Enthusiast
                • Oct 2003
                • 5831

                #8
                It is the same price for my S-10 book. Actually I got the whole Helm Inc set in kit form with emissions manual and wiring diagrams for $135.

                I feel better buying from Helm since they are the original publishers.
                1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                Because... I am, CANADIAN

                Comment

                • 85_Olds_Ciera
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 259

                  #9
                  Originally posted by betterthanyou View Post
                  I feel better buying from Helm since they are the original publishers.
                  I have no bones with Helm, except when they are out of original publication of a manual...and then want to sell you a "photocopy" version, without electrical diagrams/etc.

                  These folks do not publish, they resell published books/manuals, like this on ebay:

                  1988 Chevy Corsica & Beretta Shop Manual Supplement 88

                  Comment

                  • 85_Olds_Ciera
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 259

                    #10
                    Originally posted by betterthanyou View Post
                    Actually I got the whole Helm Inc set in kit form with emissions manual and wiring diagrams for $135.
                    FYI, back in 1938, for Chevrolet's Car/Truck, all you needed was one shop manual for both.

                    Here's some more OLD ONLINE CHEVY MANUALS

                    Comment

                    Working...