LX9 crank numbers.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Superdave
    Been there, Built that.
    • Sep 2004
    • 5850

    #16
    I emailed GM... we'll see if they reply. I'm not holding my breath. haha
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

    Comment

    • 3400-95-Modified
      The Pink Car
      • Dec 2005
      • 4375

      #17
      After seeing these pictures though of the "cast" crank or just a different version of the crank that came in a 3500



      It looks nothing like what I have and the stunning comparison between my current crank my old pics of the 7484 crank I had, Other 7484 photos as well as other photos of 5299's I just feel they are created equal.

      Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

      Comment

      • Superdave
        Been there, Built that.
        • Sep 2004
        • 5850

        #18
        GM Corporate directed me to call my local GM service department for the answer... lmao
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

        Comment

        • 3400-95-Modified
          The Pink Car
          • Dec 2005
          • 4375

          #19
          I'm not surprised and I'm sure they will read you what it says in the 05 Malibu manual I found the specs in...

          "The crankshaft is forged steel - some applications use cast iron, with deep rolled fillets on all 6 crankpins and all 4 main journals. Four steel-backed aluminum bearings are used. The #3 bearing is the end-thrust bearing."

          Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

          Comment

          Working...