3.1L rough idle found, how can I fix?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • burn
    • Mar 2004
    • 120

    #1

    3.1L rough idle found, how can I fix?

    Hey, I have a cav with the 3.1L in it. Lately its been idleing really rough. Over the winter I removed all the A/C components.

    I read on here in the service bulletin area that if the A/C pressure transducer is below normal it can cause this situation. It says in order to correct the idle problem to fix the A/C problem. well, i took it all out and dont wanna put it back in. Is there a way to trick the ECM into thinking the AC is there and works fine?

    The First 3400 Powered J-body Sedan
  • JohnyG
    • Oct 2003
    • 32

    #2
    Re: 3.1L rough idle found, how can I fix?

    Idling rough as in a fluctuation of rpms at idle? If so check your vaccume hoses, I had that problem.
    About the A/C though, I have no idea.

    -John
    14.9 @ 93.7MPH

    -Bonestock 3.4L
    -Bully Stage 2
    -2.5\" Exhaust
    -WAI

    Comment

    • burn
      • Mar 2004
      • 120

      #3
      yes, its only at idle. As far as I can tell tho my vacuum lines are fine. That bulletin says that if the AC pressure is below normal it will cause the rought idle. My A/C pressure is 0 because it has a code 66 in the ECM. Im just stuck how to bypass the AC crap to fix this.

      The First 3400 Powered J-body Sedan

      Comment

      • Cliff8928
        • Oct 2003
        • 532

        #4
        get a PROM for a car without A/C


        Cliff Scott
        89 BerettaGT
        89 Volvo740
        Cliff Scott
        89 BerettaGT
        04 AleroGX

        Comment

        Working...