2.8 l specs.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • geoffinbc
    replied
    Originally posted by BKurtz View Post
    I am working on a 88 S-10 w/2.8 l engine. I am trying to find the firing order & the cylinder arrangement & the distributor. Someone pulled off the plug wires & put them back on. I don't know if they are on correct. If I remember the left bank, (as sitting in the drivers seat), is #2 front cyl #4 middle cyl & #6 back cyl. Other side is #1, #3 #5. Any help appriciated.
    Yup you got it right. Just remember that on a Chevy the cylinder that is furthest forward is number 1 no matter which side it is on and then they are numbered from the front back. It also says the cylinder number on the intake runner of the manifold.

    Leave a comment:


  • neo71665
    replied
    firing order is 1 2 3 4 5 6

    Leave a comment:


  • bszopi
    replied
    The cylinder orientation is correct how you described it, if that helps any.

    Leave a comment:


  • BKurtz
    started a topic 2.8 l specs.

    2.8 l specs.

    I am working on a 88 S-10 w/2.8 l engine. I am trying to find the firing order & the cylinder arrangement & the distributor. Someone pulled off the plug wires & put them back on. I don't know if they are on correct. If I remember the left bank, (as sitting in the drivers seat), is #2 front cyl #4 middle cyl & #6 back cyl. Other side is #1, #3 #5. Any help appriciated.
Working...