3.8L Exhaust Header gasket problem need help.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • firebirdjim
    • May 2005
    • 2

    #1

    3.8L Exhaust Header gasket problem need help.

    Hello,

    I have a 1986 GM vehicle with a 3.8L LG2 stock engine. I keep burning up felpro fiber Exhaust Header gaskets every six months. The engine runs fine. I have OEM Exhaust Headers not manifolds.
    I need Metal Exhaust Header gaskets. Soft Copper or aluminum.
    VIN: 1g3cw69b5g4303622


    Tried Perceys, Jegs, Summit. Nobody has V6 parts ?

    Where can I get these metal Exhaust Header gaskets for this engine ?

    I also need intake manigold gaskets.

    Reply directly to:

    Firebirdjim@hotmail.com
  • vsop4me3.1
    • Oct 2003
    • 482

    #2
    you should try zzp performance. I think their might be a site called 3800performance.com I'm sure someone over there could help you. the 3.8l is actually a 90 degree engine so you might not find much over here.

    but I would do a google search for either of the websites listed above you're bound to find something.
    I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

    Comment

    • pepsi_coke
      • Sep 2004
      • 288

      #3
      How about the GM dealer?
      New member of 200,000 mile club as of May 16, 2005

      Comment

      • Doubt_Incarnate
        I still watch ROBOTECH!
        • Jan 2005
        • 1130

        #4
        if its a 3.8 your in the wrong place. but if its a 86 firebird it should be a 2.8. as far as 3.8's go try some stuff from the grand national.
        If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

        Comment

        • RacerX11
          • Oct 2003
          • 1060

          #5
          Double-posting makes baby Jesus cry. Go look in your other thread for my response.

          Marty
          '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
          '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
          '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
          '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

          Quote of the week:
          Originally posted by Aaron
          This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

          Comment

          Working...