Hi I am new here need some help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Classick Century Custom
    • Jan 2010
    • 42

    #1

    Hi I am new here need some help

    What kind of Heads, Cam, and Pistons do I need to acheive 250 to 300 street able HP out of a 3100 N/A.
    ROCKABILLY KLASSICK HOT RODS AND KUSTOMS
  • AaronGTR
    boost lover
    • Jan 2004
    • 708

    #2
    N/A?


    Well first, you'll need some quad port 5 axis cnc ported DOHC heads, a non-variable phasing cam, and some platinum plated unobtanium forged pistons. And make sure you have a new muffler bearing...

























































    I'm kidding. It will be virtually impossible to get that much HP from an NA 3100, and especially not if you want it streetable. It simply isn't capable of that level of efficiency and power output. Also are you talking crank HP or at the wheels? You might be able to get in the 250 CHP range if you consider a displacement bump and swapping to a 3400 or 3500 motor. You'll still need some good heads, a good cam, high compression pistons... and it will probably still have a lumpy idle and not be as easy to drive as a boosted car at the same power level.
    '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
    '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
    13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
    Gotta love boost!

    Comment

    • Classick Century Custom
      • Jan 2010
      • 42

      #3
      Ok so lets say I go boost and toss in a turbo for good measure, who and where can I aquire a turbo kit and what do you suggest for the rest of the goodies.
      ROCKABILLY KLASSICK HOT RODS AND KUSTOMS

      Comment

      • bszopi
        Site Coder
        • Apr 2000
        • 9190

        #4
        There are no turbo kits, it has to be custom. As far as other parts, check out www.wot-tech.com
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

        Comment

        • Classick Century Custom
          • Jan 2010
          • 42

          #5
          Ok thanks, I know about WOT and Ben he's a very knowledgable individual.
          ROCKABILLY KLASSICK HOT RODS AND KUSTOMS

          Comment

          Working...