3.5 building

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • disfunionalguy
    • Apr 2011
    • 3

    #1

    3.5 building

    I am new to this forum and would like a little input on how to do a performance build on a 3.5. looking to get around 275 to 300BHP N/A. not ready to do the rebuild yet but would like to get a idea and put together a project for my son and i. Any help with links to internal parts and where i should start. I already have a CAI, dual flowmasters, and overkillmotersports ECU. not really much for power but it shifts and sounds a lot better than stock. thank
  • bszopi
    Site Coder
    • Apr 2000
    • 9190

    #2
    Welcome to the site!

    The 3.5 - are we talking the 3500 (LX9) or the 3.5 VVT? Also, what vehicles are we talking about. I'd hate to start spouting off a bunch of options, only to realize I wasn't talking about the right engine.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

    Comment

    • tkoforpresident
      Max
      • Feb 2009
      • 710

      #3
      Brad, your so helpful

      93 Firebird 3.4
      Pacesetter Headers, Flowmaster 80, Comp 1.6 RR,Cloyes 2x Set, P&P Heads & Intakes, Custom Cam, Holley FPR, Ram Air Intake, Posi Rear w/3.42's & Disk Brakes.
      Cam and Heads by 60Inclusive.com

      Comment

      • Superdave
        Been there, Built that.
        • Sep 2004
        • 5850

        #4
        if it's the LX9 300 HP N/A is fairly easy, the VVT version has better flowing heads but you'll need cam bearing spacers to put anything bigger in it. It would make 300 easy as well though.
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

        Comment

        • disfunionalguy
          • Apr 2011
          • 3

          #5
          I have a 2008 impala LT 3.5 with flex fuel.

          Comment

          • bszopi
            Site Coder
            • Apr 2000
            • 9190

            #6
            Ok, so here is your engine:



            According to GM, you are already making 211hp, so you are well on your way to your goal. Of course, I don't know much when it comes to performance parts for this one (the LX9 on the other hand...), but I know there are people messing with them.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power

            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

            Comment

            • disfunionalguy
              • Apr 2011
              • 3

              #7
              Yes sir that would be the one. Wish mine was that clean tho.

              Comment

              Working...