solid motor mounts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ericjon262
    build it.
    • Jan 2010
    • 2218

    #1

    solid motor mounts?

    due to space constraints, I'm considering running solid motor mounts, any of you guys running solids? what do you think? do they shake your teeth out?
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
  • Superdave
    Been there, Built that.
    • Sep 2004
    • 5850

    #2
    I had a mix of solid and hard poly on my Z24, I liked it.

    My camaro has solid mounts on the engine and trans, even with the big cam it's not that bad.
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

    Comment

    • ericjon262
      build it.
      • Jan 2010
      • 2218

      #3
      Originally posted by Superdave View Post
      I had a mix of solid and hard poly on my Z24, I liked it.

      My camaro has solid mounts on the engine and trans, even with the big cam it's not that bad.
      well, I'm looking at 100% solid on the Fiero, which will hopefully eliminate the need for a dogbone, and will prevent my downpipe from colliding with the strut tower.
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

      Comment

      • caffeine
        • Jan 2012
        • 1489

        #4
        Ya, I highly recommend solid mounts. I'm going to be making solid mounts for my fiero soon.
        '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
        '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

        Comment

        • ericjon262
          build it.
          • Jan 2010
          • 2218

          #5
          it won't be too hard for me to do. I guess I'll go down to my speedshop tomorrow and see what they can do.
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

          Comment

          Working...