Is the V6/60 deck height 8.818" (224mm)?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Will'sFiero
    Too many valves
    • Sep 2004
    • 276

    #1

    Is the V6/60 deck height 8.818" (224mm)?

    Is it?

    Seems like that figure should be in the specifications pages...
    http://www.60degreev6.com/modules.ph...ticles&secid=6

    http://www.60degreev6.com/modules.ph...rtid=19&page=1
    Current:
    \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
    \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
    \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

    Gone, mostly forgotten:
    \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible
  • RacerX11
    • Oct 2003
    • 1060

    #2
    Yes, that is the blueprint dimension, according to everything I have read.

    Marty
    '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
    '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
    '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
    '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

    Quote of the week:
    Originally posted by Aaron
    This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

    Comment

    • Will'sFiero
      Too many valves
      • Sep 2004
      • 276

      #3
      Cool. Thanks
      Current:
      \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
      \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
      \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

      Gone, mostly forgotten:
      \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible

      Comment

      • oil pan 4
        • Sep 2004
        • 84

        #4
        Yes it is.
        Seth
        Camaro 1
        85\' 3.4L, T-5, 3.42gears
        Mods at work on,
        car domain site 03/13 Saab intercooler flow numbers.
        85\' IROC Z28 Ttop 5.0L, auto mostly stock.

        Comment

        • geoffinbc
          Iron Head Enthusiast
          • Oct 2003
          • 5831

          #5
          Re: Is the V6/60 deck height 8.818" (224mm)?

          Originally posted by Will'sFiero
          Is it?

          Seems like that figure should be in the specifications pages...
          http://www.60degreev6.com/modules.ph...ticles&secid=6

          http://www.60degreev6.com/modules.ph...rtid=19&page=1
          Its not in there because GM never put it in there. That stuff is right out of the book.
          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
          Because... I am, CANADIAN

          Comment

          • Will'sFiero
            Too many valves
            • Sep 2004
            • 276

            #6
            I realize that. It would be nice to have in there for those of use contemplating unconventional engine configurations.... (like 6" rods)
            Current:
            \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
            \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
            \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

            Gone, mostly forgotten:
            \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible

            Comment

            • geoffinbc
              Iron Head Enthusiast
              • Oct 2003
              • 5831

              #7
              Ok done. Added to 2.8L, 3.4L (DOHC), 3100, 3400 and 3500 engines

              If you can confirm the 3.6L and 2.8l VVT's are the same I'll edit them too. I would imagine they are.
              1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
              1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
              Because... I am, CANADIAN

              Comment

              • Will'sFiero
                Too many valves
                • Sep 2004
                • 276

                #8
                I'd imagine they're not. The new DOHC engines are a clean sheet design...
                Current:
                \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
                \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
                \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

                Gone, mostly forgotten:
                \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible

                Comment

                • geoffinbc
                  Iron Head Enthusiast
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 5831

                  #9
                  Ok thats why I left it for now. Maybe Brad could talk to his Powertrain Friend
                  1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                  1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                  Because... I am, CANADIAN

                  Comment

                  Working...