Pics of the crank/cam sensors in the engine?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Doward
    • Dec 2003
    • 127

    #1

    Pics of the crank/cam sensors in the engine?

    Anyone have any pics of the cam/crank sensors, in the 3.4 RWD engines? I'm curious as to how GM did that....
    3.1L \'88 Camaro - 16G @ 9.5psi
    222/291 @ wheels

    T61 on the way!
  • Guest

    #2
    RE: Pics of the crank/cam sensors in the engine?

    What is it that you want a picture of? The locations? or the sensor themselves?

    The OEM crank trigger was mounted low on the right (passenger) side of the block, between cyls #5 and #3. You would need to use a crank with the 7x reluctor ring to use this location.

    The Cam sensor is mounted in a bored hole at the front of the engine, where the intake mating surface is between the head mating surfaces. You would need a cam with a Sync t use the same idea.

    Comment

    • geoffinbc
      Iron Head Enthusiast
      • Oct 2003
      • 5831

      #3
      I have the sensors in my stash somewhere. I can take pics if you want.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

      Comment

      • Doward
        • Dec 2003
        • 127

        #4
        I'm trying to find pics of the sensors on the block, and where they bolt to the block itself...
        3.1L \'88 Camaro - 16G @ 9.5psi
        222/291 @ wheels

        T61 on the way!

        Comment

        • Guest

          #5
          If I only had a digi cam....

          Comment

          • geoffinbc
            Iron Head Enthusiast
            • Oct 2003
            • 5831

            #6
            I could get pics of the block location too. I have freeze plugs in the holes
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

            Comment

            • Doward
              • Dec 2003
              • 127

              #7
              Yeah, scratch that guys... I don't think the 2.8/3.1 block has the appropriate spot for the crank sensor in the block itself
              3.1L \'88 Camaro - 16G @ 9.5psi
              222/291 @ wheels

              T61 on the way!

              Comment

              • Guest

                #8
                Originally posted by Doward
                Yeah, scratch that guys... I don't think the 2.8/3.1 block has the appropriate spot for the crank sensor in the block itself
                No it doesn't, this is why I made an external crank trigger for my hybrid.

                The 2.8/3.1 blocks also do not have a spot for the cam sensor either.

                Comment

                Working...