Cam Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Specs

Very rough still compared to what I want to have but here are more specs and some highlighted cams. I have learned that I can mix and match lobes from different grinds, so some custom grinds may be beneficial per application, so as time permits I will do some more simulations.

http://www.60degreev6.com/store/inde...d&productId=70
    Last edited by SappySE107; 04-29-2007, 11:21 PM.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

1280 grind specs (on the card)

.323/.337 lobe lift 269/277 duration @ .006 212/220 duration @ .050. 112 LSA 109 ICL

Actual spec shows 113 ICL but it simulates more power overall. Obviously you lose some low end for the top end with it installed straight up (as is).
    Last edited by SappySE107; 02-03-2007, 06:55 AM.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Actual 1331 grind specs (on the card)

.350/.354 lobe lift 288.6/291.8 duration @ .006 227.2/236.3 duration @ .050. 112 LSA 109 ICL Base lobe is 1.110 intake and 1.101 exhaust.

Measured ICL was 113.5, so an adjustment with a new cam gear is needed to get the powerband back down.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

nice chart, well detailed and informative. now that i have all thet wealth of info there. i have a few questions.

1. are those cam specs for the 3100 series engines?
        2. if they are, what are the fact spec's to a 96 grand am gt cam with the 3100?
        3. the reason i ask, i understand that the factory cam has press on lobes & are hollow (NO-NO). i'd like to find a replacement for that cam that would allow me to utilize my 01' malibu intake swap, and ported heads, modified exhaust. yet, still have plenty of torque and good mid-top end pull with my slush box 4t60e. would appreciate the help, thanks.....

Comment

possible to get a larger pic? My eyes hurt looking at that. old age I guess.

Comment

Stock cam specs:

Type : Hydraulic roller, assembled (hollow core with pressed on lobes)
            Duration : 196º intake / 196º exhaust (@ 0.050" lift)
            Lift @lobe : 0.273"
            with 1.6 roller rockers : 0.437"
            Lobe Seperation Angle : 112º
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

They didnt give me the new list like I asked so I will see if I can get one soon. I agree, that is hard to look at but thats all I got right now.

The specs I am posting for those grinds are actual 3100/3400/3500 specs. As you can see, the actual specs are a little smaller than that list shows in the first post. The intake centerline is also an issue, which I hope to correct with a custom drilled cam gear setup to move it where I want. I install the cams and spec them here to see what they are.

The stock 3100 cam specs are 197/197 duration @ .050, .430/.430 lift, 112 LSA, and 113 ICL.

I have an aftermarket stock cam that is no the press on lobe/hollow tube deal. I do not trust the press on lobe deal for a regrind.

As far as what cam specs would be best, it depends on what else you are doing with the motor as well.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i wonder how my baby would run with grind NEW?????
                1996 beretta w/a 04' 3400 3.5 top end, 42.5lb hr, 180*thermo, t3t4 .63ar 60 trim, LC1 WB, FMIC, greddy rs BOV,TIAL 38mm wastegate,791xv,fidanza,stage III clutch,TG LSD,ffp udp,walbro 255 lph,strut tower brace,22 rear sway,30 front sway,92 5sp tranny,92 subframes,all solid mounts,kyb shocks and struts,eibachs,battery in trunk,tgp map sensor,DHP Powrtuner,euro front and rear and more to come soon...mods sitting in boxes waiting install....zo4 kit,GTU wing,and more..

Comment

thank you bszopi & sappyse107 for the stock cam spec's. just making a suggestion. possible list the STOCK cam spec's at the very top of the list for comparison to the other grinds that you have compiled.

i don't like the idea of a hollow cam with press on lobes in an engine. that's asking for trouble. valvetrain harmonics and spring presurres are surely going to take it's toll eventually on the hollow cam.

i'm interested in definitely swapping out my stock cam. if i'm going to do so, i'd like to get a bit more out of my engine. throttle response and torque are going to be important. my grand am isn't exactly lite. yet, i'd like to have some nice breathing at mid to top. do you have a full roller rocker arm set up for my particular heads? i'll run the stock roller-pivot rockers, but if there is a roller tip & pivot that'll fit under those valve covers, i'll add those too during the swap. i'm open to suggestions....... thanks

Comment

wait a min, what year and type is your GA, and what engine does it have in it?

Comment

First off, I moved the specific posts to gectek's post in the performance area. No need to clutter the store post with such specifics.

Second, not that I am for the hollow cam either, but LS engines use the same design. So it can't be that bad... But either way, the new grinds from the 60V6 store are solid, so the point is mute.
                      -Brad-
                      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                      sigpic
                      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

i have a 96 ga gt 3100, 93 ga gt 3300, and my prize that is a pain in the a$$ to find parts for a 93 ga gt 2.3 a motor/ 5 speed.

Comment

well i think the only vehicle that the cams would be applicable to is the 96 3100, the 3300 is a diff beast all together

Comment

sappyse107,

do you have a simulator program that you run with those cam spec's that give you a ball park feeling on what power the cams will produce? if you do i'd like to try some numbers.....

Comment

Yes I do. I paid a lot of money for this software to test head porting and cam specs.
                              Ben
                              60DegreeV6.com
                              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                              X