This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam bearings

I was reading unitedmalibus.com, and came across a post by our competitor that caught my attention

Originally posted by lvemy3100
    Yea wot does a good job of blowing smoke up peoples asses like that

In short No you don't need them

The owner of this company has banned me from posting on the forum, so I am unable to explain myself on that forum. I can however, post here with this information as well as the listings themselves.

This thread, starting at the post linked above is a great example of why I now carry the performance SBC cam bearings on the store. Stock work, but if you are replacing them, why not upgrade to the best possible bearing?

High Performance SBC Cam Bearings

High Performance Teflon Coated SBC Cam Bearings
    Last edited by SappySE107; 02-27-2010, 10:21 PM.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

wow, they sure offer alot... not.

why else of a reason would a owner ban you unless he was scared of something?
    Last edited by bob442; 02-27-2010, 10:40 PM.

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

I used to do business with MPRacing. There are many good reasons I no longer am associated with them however.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

be glad to hear em... there site doesnt really have anything though... just..junk, and tce stuff, woot

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

You should tell them Sealed Power bearings are good for 100k! LOL, I would love to see them after that amount of mileage.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Got a grand am PCM from this guy. WORST experience ever, NEVER again. I will deal with you instead Ben, whenever possible.
            1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
            3400 Turbocharged Intercooled
            MS3 v3.57+MS3X

Comment

Like this guy?
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                Well, thats me actually
                1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
                3400 Turbocharged Intercooled
                MS3 v3.57+MS3X

Comment

there comes a point after you throw $2k into a motor you realize an extra $50 to prevent even a possible failure is nothing. its probably one of those elussive common sense things.
                  and it seems that guy from MP is either really detached from his business or just doesnt care...
                  i like how he was like "what?this is the first of heard of this"...like twice.
                  '96BerettaZ26- Med Adriatic Blue- FINALLY swapped '04 Impala 3400, Comp Cam, Comp 26986 springs, TCE lifter springs, WOTTECH Comp ported U&LIM, TCE 65MM TB, LM 4t60e~~~Looking for 3400 Downpipe

Comment

That sucks, the one thing about online vendors I find is, not every vendors has a 100% flawless history. Some people may not speak up due to the little hiccup they have had, but it's there.

It's a road of high risk when it comes to online shopping. People think that since they don't have a face to put with the service/purchaser, they think they can treat customers/vendors with crap respect (taking money+long waits to no shipment, flawed orders, blame gaming, finger pointing, shifty services) .

It's cut throat, and the more you can influence a possible customer, the likelihood of you making that sale is high. Although, if you don't know a lot of information about the product you're pitching out there, you will have a great chance at having customers come back at you with concern/issues/problems. That all will result in butt hurt feelings, being ripped off, bad mouthing, and/or refunds. Chances of getting a refund from smaller online vendors are slim to none...... Slim just left town.
                    Reason being, they spent the cash on other product line or personal interests. That basically means, they cannot back up bad debt to there assets without dipping into the red zone.

My experiences come from many years of online buying thru many aftermarket vendors.
                    Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

We all know what Ben looks like though...

LOL

Watch him delete this post.

Got Lope?
                      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

ROFL!
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

ben, you need a pirate hat and a bottle of captain morgan.
                          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                          Latest nAst1 files here!
                          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                            We all know what Ben looks like though...

LOL

Watch him delete this post.
                            And what pic is better than that one? This one:

Last edited by SappySE107; 03-01-2010, 02:06 PM.
                            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                            Originally posted by Jay Leno
                            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I was LOOKING for that photo, but I couldn't find it!

Got Lope?

Comment

Working...
                              X