Oil filter relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filter relocation

Does anybody know a good oil filter relocator kit for our cars? Also, what size of an oil filter should I use? Also where can I buy it in canada?

Lyle

Why?

It is going to be hard to relocate becuz the 3.4 DOHC has a factory oil cooler, this is in between the block and the filter and has a couple of rubber coolant lines running around ti as the oil cooler uses the engine coolant.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
      Why?

It is going to be hard to relocate becuz the 3.4 DOHC has a factory oil cooler, this is in between the block and the filter and has a couple of rubber coolant lines running around ti as the oil cooler uses the engine coolant.
      I don't have a factory oil cooler. I think only the auto trans cars got the oil cooler on the oil filter adapter.

anyways....
      Why do you want to relocate the oil filter? I think its in a good spot. Easy to get at and not in danger of road debris. As far as filters, the Ac Delco PF52 is a good choice.
      1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
      1994 Corvette
      LT1/ZF6
      2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
      3.7/42RLE

Comment

i also dont have tho oil cooler...... but i think they droped it in 94 dident they
        1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 DOHC
        1969 Oldsmobile 442
        1997 Chevy Tahoe
        http://members.cardomain.com/mperkins442

Comment

Are you guys POSITIVE????

Mine is a 5-speed, and not only did I have one but I bought one for my car. That is weird. It is hard to notice, it's just a small black canister, like the filter, but half the length, and it is as black as the motor.

Comment

they dropped it in 94. all 91-93 have it. Relocating it would be nice since you could add a better cooler and a 2 filter setup Im not sure what size the filter is though, or where to get one. The pushrod guys might actually help you out since their filter is in the same spot and someone probably has done it.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I never noticed any water lines running to the adapter on mine.
              1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
              1994 Corvette
              LT1/ZF6
              2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
              3.7/42RLE

Comment

Originally posted by jmgtp
                I never noticed any water lines running to the adapter on mine.
                They look like heater hoses, but they carry antifreeze to and from the cooler.

Comment

No cooler on mine. Try this link, may help, they seem to make it easy. I used one on a 1970 Cougar 10 years ago.Their setups seem to cover just about everything. May have to search to find a dealer. They also don't list our applications, you may have to contact them. http://www.thinkauto.com/index.htm
                  If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey, Ben. Help me out here. I never really considered two filters. This would definatily increase oil flow but would it also mean that I have to change my filters half as much? Plus, wise or not, if I used a good synthetic, theoreticaly I could do oil changes half as much as well.

Lyle

Comment

Working...
                    X