heater hose pipe along passenger frame rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater hose pipe along passenger frame rail

Does anyone have the part number or know where I can get this piece for my girlfriend's 92 grand prix? I bought her another coolant reservoir as the previous repair (plain heater hose) had pushed the reservoir out into the a/c clutch and wore a whole through it. Right now, there is about 3 feet of 3/4" heater hose that just hangs there. Pics of an original setup would be appreciated as well. I may just end up piecing something together, but would like to look into going to the original setup.
    88 Beretta GT
    69 Corvette
    79 Mustang Ghia
    95 Cutlass Convertible

The only thing I can find is on another forum: heater hose

I'm thinking about getting an elbow to come out from the water pump housing and just route it a little better than the previous guy. Unless I can find a new hose and pipe at a decent price..
    Last edited by bbeck; 01-14-2011, 12:59 PM.
    88 Beretta GT
    69 Corvette
    79 Mustang Ghia
    95 Cutlass Convertible

Comment

It is discontinued and they rust out due to their position near the wheel well.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

alright, thanks. Couldn't find it on gmparts, but wanted to be sure that someone didn't know of another place it might be offered
        88 Beretta GT
        69 Corvette
        79 Mustang Ghia
        95 Cutlass Convertible

Comment

well, I found that they are still sold. They are made by dorman- part # 626-100. Summit sells them: Dorman 626-100
          I will prob just do heater hose to get the girlfriend by for now and replace the whole pipe at a later date.
          88 Beretta GT
          69 Corvette
          79 Mustang Ghia
          95 Cutlass Convertible

Comment

Nice, I had no idea. Ive kept one that is near mint because I didn't think it was possible to buy them any more.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

That's a really nice price too. I might get one for the 92 when this engine on the stand goes in this summer just for a piece of mind. I'll probably undercoat it too just to be safe. I doubt the one on the 92 is about to rust through, but better safe than stranded, especially for the price.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

For sure. I might still one one in my 91 GP as well. Had I known it was still available you could have taken the one I have. I will hopefully never use it but thinking it was rare, I was gonna hold onto it.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Like my poor truck needed any more weight in it when I came home. It's probably still mad at me, but at least it still starts every morning problem free
                  -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                  91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                  92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                  94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                  Originally posted by Jay Leno
                  Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                  X