Pontiac 3.4 Production Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac 3.4 Production Numbers

I have a 93 Grand Prix SE with 3.4 and 5-speed. A dealer told me this is one of 68 built. I have been unable to find a source to verify the production run. Does anyone have a source or suggestions? RacerMike

Re: Pontiac 3.4 Production Numbers

Originally posted by RACERMIKE
    I have a 93 Grand Prix SE with 3.4 and 5-speed. A dealer told me this is one of 68 built. I have been unable to find a source to verify the production run. Does anyone have a source or suggestions? RacerMike
    Wow it is a rare one. Very very few 93s ever saw the getrag 284 5 speed. Also rare is finding the 5 speed in the SE, it was more common in the GTPs. What color is it?

sorry... i dont have any actual source with numbers.
    welcome to the board!
    1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
    1994 Corvette
    LT1/ZF6
    2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
    3.7/42RLE

Comment

My car is black with most of the options including aero package, wide rims, heads-up, etc. About the only thing it lacks is the rear spoiler. I've got the build sheets, and have owned it since new.

Comment

93 was also the last year for STD transmissions in w-body.

Comment

No doubt that getrag makes that car very unique. The actual numbers who knows. Another resource for you might be www.clubgp.com They are more focused to newer models but you'll find other gp owners there. See how many of them have a similar car.

Comment

No one has production numbers. I have tried to get then directly from Pontiac and I guess they are just to busy. You might have a dealer near you that might do some research.

Comment

Quinnchuck here , have a 91' GTP 3.4 4speed auto special order car . Have the same problem , been looking on the net & not having eny luck. if you or I find something let"s exchange info & make both our world's a better place

Comment

I'm in your same boat as well. Just bough a 92 GTP 3.4 5spd. I haven't found any strong numbers yet for production but the ones I have been finding are between 350-1500 Never seen one as low as you quote. Who really knows whos numbers are accurate though. The best source would be to find the numbers from GM but lord knows they will never divulge information like that on a regular basis. Maybe a local dealer will have a better clue. All I know for sure is that we have a rare option on our vehicles and definatley should be proud of what we have.

Dan.

92 GP GTP 3.4DOHC 5spd
                88 Fiero Formula CONVERTIBLE 3.4DOHC 5spd
                84 Fiero T-Top 3.4DOHC 5spd
                There seems to be a pattern there.

Comment

The autos aren't rare...though the DOHC was in about 5% of the cars available with it. The 5 speed was in far fewer DOHCs though. The 93 is rare as hell. The 92 is the most popular, and in 91 the lumina had the most 5 speeds, then grand prixs, and finally the cutlass with 109 5 speeds in 91.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                  X