3.4 dohc rebuild help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 dohc rebuild help

Hey everyone I got a 95 Monte Carlo 3.4 dohc. Fucking love the car but drive the shit out of it. And it caught up to me and blew . Something in the bottom end, so I'm going to do a complete rebuild. If anyone has any info on where I can find how to / book / or videos specifically on the 3.4 dohc that would be great. Or any links of that will help me tear it down and get inside the motor. How to change the rods, bearings, pistons. The whole 9 yards

Ps. I got a list of all the special tools I'll need to do the job, so I just need info on the motor

Comment

Why are you starting multiple threads on the SAME SUBJECT?
      Well she's finally gave in on me today.. had it for 4 years now and it's been threw hell and back a dozen times. I have drove the absolute dog shit out of this

Time to buy and study the factory service manual.

There's no aftermarket help for the 3.4 that I'm aware of.

OTOH, there's nothing in the bottom end that would be all that different from any other engine.

I suppose you could buy a copy of How to Rebuild Your GM V-6 60* Engine, but be aware that there is ZERO support for the DOHC top end. As far as I know it's out-of-print, so used copies are going to be as good as it gets.
      Last edited by Schurkey; 12-04-2016, 03:09 PM.
      ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Working...
      X