Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable replacment injectors

Hey guys, long time no post.

Just got my z34 out of storage, got it home and it dies in the driveway, bad injector.

These things are getting old now and its not my first failed one. Rather then spend $200+ on new injectors does anyone know the rating of them and/or what other injectors would be an acceptable replacement.

Thanks
    -Chris

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 3.4L TDC Getrag 284
    1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1L v6 Hydramatic 4T60
    1997 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 3.8L v6, Hydramatic 4T60E
    1987 Chevrolet Camaro 5.0L v8, Hydramatic 700R4

I had all my injectors reconditioned for a fraction of the cost of new ones. Look online for a place to do it. they do a comparison spray of before and after.

Comment

Injectors can be cleaned. Doesn't help if the solenoid wiring failed, or if the plunger seized. The original poster doesn't say WHAT went wrong with his "bad injector".

If it was me, I'd make damned sure it wasn't a wiring or molded-connector problem before condemning the injector.

A "new" replacement injector is ~$80 at NAPA.
      ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

I have a tester and all the parts to recondition them to new if its just plugged up or stuck closed. Ive also got a few DOHC injectors in my drawer. $100 to test and recondition a set of 6. $25 if you need an injector and I have it. Spray pattern is like a fogger for the DOHC injector. Its about 21# I believe on the rating. Maybe 23#. Its only been over a decade since I looked. If you replace them, replace them all so they are the same pattern and flow. You could change the connectors and use the 28# trailblazer injectors. At 43.5psi, they are 23#, which would also be close.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
        X