3800 headers on a DOHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3800 headers on a DOHC

I have just bought a set of 3800sc pacesetter headers that I'll going to cut the flanges off of and use them for my 97 Dohc motor. I will try and keep updated on this post as much as possible. I want to be able to use the stock exhaust routing of a Fiero and there is room to run a single 3" exhaust pipe to a muffler in the stock Fiero location. This post is combined with my thread of going for 300whp n/a

......... why?
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Why what?

Comment

attempt to make possibly the worst headers ever made for the 3800s work with a LQ1.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

What's wrong with those headers

Comment

the 3800 w-body crowd won't touch them.

neverending leaks(especially at the Y-pipe), fitment issues(might not be an issue for you, i don't know), just horribly made in general.

the speed-daddy sets(they're knockoffs of the SLP pieces) were hot for a while when they were ~$250/shipped, but their prices have moved noticably upmarket since last i looked.
            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

^^^ Tried to report post. Solemamark needs to be banned for spamming his cheating service.
                ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

super late but thanks!
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                  X