block opions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• block opions

ok here is the deal my car overheated and i spun a bearing. so i desided to rebuild my bottom end and i'm wondering what is the easiest way to get some gains and some reinforcement to my dohc. rings , overbore , pistons , connecting rods , crank ????
    Last edited by white_boy; 08-20-2006, 10:33 PM.

any one

Comment

Evidently some people are fooling around with a 3500 crank that is machined. Certainly lighter pistons, better compression (like total seals) will get you a few horseys. Big power gains are made in the heads and makign things flow better. The bottom end is usually just to make sure it doesn't blow apart.

While you are down there make sure your oil pan has a windage tray and think about a crank scraper.
      2014 Chevy Cruise LT
      2000 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja Motorcycle

Comment

They have a windage tray stock but no crank scraper. Get it align bored/align honed for the mains so you know its all straight. That and getting the bottom end balanced would be an excellent idea.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I highly agree with Ben,

Balancing the WHOLE bottom end will do a lot to and engine. You'd be amazed how well it run after WHEN ITS DONE CORRECTLY!
          Balancing all the bottom end gains you power, engine efficiency, it makes it run very solid, and it is much more stonger at high Rpms
          1991 Grand Prix STE
          3.4 DOHC
          1 of 792 Produced
          Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
          3.4 DOHC
          Getrag 284 5spd
          1 of 30
          Canadian Z34 Models Made with the Getrag 5spd Wahoooo!

1980 GMC Sierra Classic C25 With 18,000 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Well when money is available I will do the 3500 crank with custom drysump oilpan made of 1/4 inch steel and the main caps that bolt thru the pan. On top of that I intend to hardblock the bottom up to the freeze plugs. The last thing will be the crank scrapper also thick steel to make the bottom as strong as possible. Since all of this will cost it will take time so don't expect to see pics anytime soon but when I start I will post pics.

Comment

So the 3500 crank is the same or close to the same?

So what is the difference then between the 3500 crank and the 3.4 DOHC crank? Is it the same?
              1991 Grand Prix STE
              3.4 DOHC
              1 of 792 Produced
              Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
              3.4 DOHC
              Getrag 284 5spd
              1 of 30
              Canadian Z34 Models Made with the Getrag 5spd Wahoooo!

1980 GMC Sierra Classic C25 With 18,000 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Nope. Alot of differences actually. Do a search on 3500 crank and you will find plenty of discussions as well as comparison pics.
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                sigpic
                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
                X