3500 top end swapped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 top end swapped!

After minor difficulties my 3500 top end swap is done! There were a couple of things that didnt go quite as planned but no biggie. First thing was snapping a LIM gasket on accident, before I started the swap. I ended up buying a used set from the same guy I got my heads and lim from. Second thing that happened was I busted an injector when trying to pull it out of the old LIM. I cracked off the connection where the harness hooks up. The last thing was the coolant temp sensor. I read through all of the threads on here and 60*v6 but none of them stated that the 3500 ect sensor had to be used. The threads on the 3400 one are wayyy too large to screw into the rear head. Besides those few things it was easy as pie.

The 3500 heads were basicly stock. I replaced all of the valve seals, cleaned everything up real good, and ported/poished the exhaust ports a little bit myself. The LIM is a ported one from the 60*v6 store with a currently stock UIM. A ported 3400 upper is on its way.

The car really pulls hard up in the higher rpm range now. From 0-40 it feels the same or slightly faster but 40+ it definitely pulls way harder.

I still need to learn to use DHP and get this tuned, but it is running well without it. According to the wideband im not running lean at all which is good.

Here are some pics I snapped before/during/after the install.

Innovate LC1 Wideband

Here is the gauge for the wideband. I bought the two as a package on dynotunenitrous.com No im not running lean, the car was just shut off.

Here is everything installed, nice new LIM and the TCE 65mm TB.

Just after I got everything taken apart

The mess in the garage, sorry it's sideways. Didnt feel like rotating it.

I took two videos yesterday of it running. One of the exhaust from the rear which sounds mean as hell and one from the engine bay. The sound quality is terrible on the videos Im working on finding somewhere to host better quality ones.
    View Video on FQuick
    View Video on FQuick
    2006 AWD TBSS 12.538 @ 106.92 1.66 60' Bolt-ons only

Dude I like the custom air box, does it go down into the fender?

Aside from tune now you should put the 3500 plenum on
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

We can host the vid for you... Let me know the size and I'll set somewhere for you to UL it to.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Nice!

i can't wait to start modding my '04 GAGT.. gotta wait till the warranty's up though
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Dude I like the custom air box, does it go down into the fender?
          It sure does. Its sealed pretty well all the way around and the fenderwell is the only place readily available for air to come in.

bszopi- the file is 8.5mb

Comment

Ok, I'll set something up over lunch and send you a PM...
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

so do we have a vid yet?!
              Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
              fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

i couldnt get them uploaded on the site. They upload fine and when it refreshes there are no videos to be found. meh

Comment

was it ftp? Im not sure how brad had you do it or if 8.5 is too big for a single file in the database. Try sending it to my email if you can. sappyse107 at 60degreev6 dot com.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                  X