Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 60*V6 really my dream forum come true!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 60*V6 really my dream forum come true!?

Hi all!

I have in my possession a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL with a 3100 L82 SFI engine putting out 160hp as I am sure you all know.

The past forums I have been on, I get nothing but hate for my car, everyone says there is no way I can make perform well, and it makes me want to cry...

I KNOW these engines can perform, when I drive this thing I can feel the animal waiting to be unleashed if only I could coax it out.

So that is why I am ecstatic that I found 60*V6!! Finally, a forum where people won't automatically hate on me and my car! (I hope)

So I will begin my life here with a question...

What is possible!!!?

from searching the forums I have seen people do things to these engines that I never thought possible...

What would you suggest for a beginner (who is able to work on his own car don't worry about that ) to do to increase performance, even slightly!?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

automaticly i will say, 3400 or 3100 large port top end. and 3400 exhaust manifolds (i think you will have to get a new down pipe made) and the WOT-TECH banner at the top will be your best friend also.
    sigpic

Comment

Is it true with the orientation of my engine I would have to remove it in order to replace the headers? I'm not too keen on removing the engine as I dont have a engine lift and im not THAT experienced in that regard, however the real drawback is the amount of time my car will be off the road, as this is my daily driver. the 3400 top end will fit perfectly or do i have to port it?

Comment

i havn't been doing alot of reading on here lately but i beleave the throttle body will be a pita. as far as the top end goes, its a direct bolt on. (as long as you have roller rockers) if not youll have to grind the lower intake down to keep from hiting the rockers. and i hope someone better with the tb problem will come in but i know itll give you troubles.

and about the headers, idk about the whole pulling the motor. but i couldnt see that. but iv never taken a close look at one of those engin bays. looks like you could wiggle them in there, or maybe take the rear motor mount loose and lower the motor a bit for the back. (again i hope someone better with those cars will chim in) hope i helped a LITTLE bit
        sigpic

Comment

thats what im hoping because i drive a 95 Grand Prix GTP with a 3.4L N/A engine. i to know there is more to my engine than what is seen and felt. mine stock put out 240 but i know more can be done.

Comment

95 3.4 DOHC is 210 hp.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

When I had headers on my 1988 Cutlass Supreme with a swapped in 3100, I was able to get the headers in and out just by dropping the rear of the subframe. It was a lot easier to do it that way than to pull the complete engine. Just support the car, and have a really good jack.
              Taylor
              1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
              1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
              1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
              1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
              "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

hmmm sounds like it could be done... sounds like im gunnna have to go buy some nice tools!

Comment

buy cheap tools first. That way it does not hurt so bad when you break one. What I do is buy cheap tools, and once I find out which ones I use the most, and BREAK the most, I then go get the expensive ones with the lifetime warranty (craftsman no longer has lifetime warranty on their tools unless it is stamped on the tool "guarenteed forever" or something like that.

I now have a few really nice tools, and the ones that I RARELY use, those are just cheap ones.
                  Taylor
                  1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
                  1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
                  1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
                  1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
                  "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

Working...
                  X