'nother new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'nother new guy

New here, not to forums. I'm mostly an import guy but I'll fiddle with anything. Usually I drive my cars but the family Buick Century has decided to start having intermittent issues (think I have them tracked down and maybe fixed) long story short I've been driving it a week or 2 to make sure and thus I'm getting the itch to make it better, so here I am. No big plans just seeing what the cost/feasible/payback scale is.

My cars are a 90 toyota cressida and a 87 S10. Think early/mid 90s camry look with supra RWD I6. Got it cheap, replaced the blown engine, replaced the perfectly good auto tranny with a 5 speed, threw in a supra LSD rear end, and plan on putting in a newer 2JZ motor once I get my Megasquirt working with it. The S10 is just a boring 4 banger, 4 speed manual, 2wd, no power steering or brakes, barebones daily driver/parts getter. I also have a 77 suzuki GS400 bike that I've put about 50 miles on so far and have to put back together to do more.
    -Russ
    "Don't blame me for how I fix what you break"
    '02 Buick Century 3.1 (family)
    '02 Buick LeSabre 3.8 (family)
    '94 Pontiac Firebird LT1 T56
    '90 Toyota Cressida (daily/project)
    '90 Toyota Pickup
    '90 Suzuki VX800

My parents had an 87 cressida. ECT button! haha, it wasn't a bad car but was getting rust right when I had my first car in 95 and was sold around 96-97. That would be a pretty sweet sleeper as you never see them anymore and they are unassuming
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Welcome!
      Past Builds;
      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
      Current Project;
      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Right on, good luck with megasquirt on the 2jz

Welcome to our little world of 60 degree v6's
        Originally posted by Mars
        Haha ^ Wrong Wheel Drive.
        S10 Blazer 4.3, turbo LX9 in its future...
        No 60šV6 at the moment

Comment

Working...
        X