Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people might see the Hellraiser as hillbilly, I see it as pretty clever repurposing

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Yah she's quite the unit.

I actually built it for my Stagg, with help from my brother and friends. I had some friends that didn't have quads or bikes that wanted to come and we were going on a ride where trucks cannot go if it's wet.

Compared to ATV's and bike's it is very slow on the trails but it can keep up to jeeps and trucks. The tight turing radius helps in the bush.

On level ground you can still hit about 20 to 25 mph on a Quad trail which is fast for that machine. At that speed there is beer flying all over in the back and alot of screaming, haha.

Oh yah, forgot to mention in the mods section. The Gov-lock was removed and the new "locker" was inserted via MIG.

I'm hoping to source some of the parts this winter for the completion build.
      Baby: 2010 Power Wagon. Katzkins, mopar side steps and 35" Duratracs.
      Daily: 1995 Monte Z34 3.4/4T60e.
      Farm: 1978 2500 Jimmy Snow-plow & 1992 GMC SLE 4x4 ex cab short box 1/2 ton. RV cam straight pipe. Currently installing a 4L80e (have blown 4 700r4's and 1 4L60e)
      Project: Beretta GTZ 2.3 HO/282 (Better one), 1992 GTP 3.4/284? (needs 284) & 1992 Lumina Z34 3.4/284. (Don't want to mile out, needs body work)
      Other: TO MANY!

Comment

I sure wish I would have met that Chevy 10 years ago. It would have made a great project!
        The hellraiser is nuts and I'd like a ride in it.
        95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
        High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
        Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

Maybe 40 years ago before my dad and uncle started driving it. It has pretty much been that beat up for the last 30 years, it was demoted to farm truck when my grandpa bought his '82 GMC which replaced it.
          Farm: 1978 2500 Jimmy Snow-plow & 1992 GMC SLE 4x4 ex cab short box 1/2 ton. RV cam straight pipe. Currently installing a 4L80e (have blown 4 700r4's and 1 4L60e)
          Project: Beretta GTZ 2.3 HO/282 (Better one), 1992 GTP 3.4/284? (needs 284) & 1992 Lumina Z34 3.4/284. (Don't want to mile out, needs body work)

Comment

Well I never had a chance then. Man there are so few left!

Comment

Sorry. Took a while to get the pic's of the 327 grain truck. Was busy getting ready for snow.

Here is the beast. It does run but needs some TLC. '64 GMC 3 ton 327 with 5spd manual w/PTO and twin cylinder hoist with pump. My dad bought it from the neighbour for 600. Prob turn the rear half into a grain trailer for the tractor and re power the '64 1 ton parts truck above with the 327 and 5spd. Check out the high beam switch, now that's hillbilly.

IMGP5937.JPGIMGP5939.JPGIMGP5940.JPGIMGP5942.JPGIMGP5944.JPGIMGP5946.JPG

I wrecked the hood and hinges. Hood blew open at 45 mph. Wow was that sketchy.

Comment

Poor thing. Wow a 2bbl....that's it? Love that 2x4 holding up the dash! Ah the old days of: lets see...I need to replace that and that. Done and running fine. If you can see it you can replace it and you can see everything.

Comment

Bump. For an update or two. (More for Purple pit)

Well towards the end of April it finally happened. The Beretta is wrote-off and I'm free of it (driving on the road anyway). I hit a wolf, I sh%t you guys not a wolf, with it and the wolf I hit cartwheeled in the air and knocked a second wolf into the ditch with it.

IMGP6127.jpgIMGP6122.jpg

It died shortly after the pic. A waste but no way of avoiding them, they jumped the inside gaurdrail on a corner and I hit the first one before I could touch the brakes. The car still made it the rest of the way to work (70 km) and back home again (430 km) after the shift. 4400 hundred to repair lol. Insurance gave me 1750 after the deductible and I kept it with a salvage title.

I am now driving my white Monte Carlo that I posted pictures of previously. Needs the LIM gasket done and drive is half cooked. But it's nice to have a smooth ride again even if it burns more fuel. The Beretta's may be nimble creatures but they are rough.

IMGP6072.jpg

I picked up this '95 Monte for 300. It is miled out with a blown motor but it ran long enough to test the tranny. Good enough for the whit MC. I'll swap it when it gets worse, the Lucas Tranny Fix is working for now. The radio antenna was knocked off the white car and I assume the previous owner gutted the trunk after some water got in there. I moved the trunk lining over to the white car and replaced the antenna. I also had to rob a rear trailing arm as I would assume they hooked a chain to it.

Comment

A 1994 Grey Lumina z34 just poped up on Kijiji in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Nice exterior, but it has a bra so the front may be damaged? Nice interior. Claims no smoking. 3.4 runs clean. No mention of the tranny.

Having rear brake issues. He needs to move it by July 2 or he will scrap it. 1000 OBO

A shame for a rare '94.

I posted the link in the clasiffied section over at w-body as well and will delete this info from this post once it sells.

I would have bought it to save it but I bought a clean Beretta GTZ last Thursday and my wife would shoot me if I bought another car.

I know it's not a 60v6 but I figured I'd post the pics anyway. For the price and the shape I couldn't pass it up. 1990 Beretta GTZ. 3 year old paint. Partially siezed 2.3 Quad 4 HO. Comes with a running (questionable, stored under the deck with no tarp or covers what so ever) Quad 4 HO to swap in and a spare tranny (remember that I have some recently available parts, hehe). It was the amazingly rust free undercarriage that sold me, hard to find up here in Canada. The Beretta's are rough but for a fwd they can carve like a ba$tard, and have some giddy up and go.

IMGP6211.jpgIMGP6214.jpgIMGP6220.jpg

Comment

Oh wow! Hit a wolf? Sure didn't think that would or could happen. Hell man, I was just thinking the other day about you. Been a long time.

Way to go on the GTZ! Take good care of that now very rare car. If you got a good 2.3HO I think you are going to like it. There is a major problem with them: if the water pump goes it dumps coolant into the oil pan. Oh and the timing chain runs the pump, so if you change the chain better change the pump too. Keep an eye on the cam tower gaskets, they sometimes up and start leaking.
                      A rust free Beretta is something I dream of. Been dreaming and dreaming.

Comment

It's pretty isolated where I work. Lots of wildlife. The highway is very busy and for the 2.5 years that I've been driving it I haven't seen a wolf. Bears, deer and moose are common. The Quad 4 HO is fairly loud and I had a side pipe through a glass pack? on the car, so the critters would usually stay out of my way. However, what ever the muffler had for internals started failing and restricting flow which toned it down quite abit and wham wolf.

Yah I probably just gasket the one that they say runs and throw it in then go from there. If it doesn't run I'll fix the original. The HO in the red car needs some work but still runs, 330,000 kms and the head was re-worked at 190k which probably wasn't done right. Yah my sisters Twin Cam needs a water pump, parked it in the field due to the tranny failing also.

Just to tempt you there is a decent '94 z26 3100 auto second owner and '91 gtz 3.1 auto original owner near me right know. They are both fairly clean but the gtz has 300k kms. The z26 has 220k kms but the guy is going to drive it from here to Ontario if he can't sell it when he moves? Little closer to you. Both are red.

Here is a link http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true
                        Last edited by Yetilikesbeer; 06-26-2014, 09:58 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

From what I can tell, that GTZ used to be garnet, but fresh paint was probably over due and glad they chose blue!

If there is one thing I can only suggest for a long living Q4 motor is to let it warm up to operating temp before driving. A remote start would be a good idea, however, you'd have to install it as by law no one technically should install that on non auto equipped vehicles.
                          Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Damn man you need a good SLR camera. Bet you could get some nice shots.

Freaken glass packs, it's always the same. They work great and then out of no where they just give up. The drone of a high flow muffler is a bit much to take on the highway. But...sounds like you need one to protect you car(s). A Magnaflow is not too bad, but may not be enough. Flowmaster? Boy that would do it for sure.
                            That Z26 is nice. Not sure why the rear springs were changed. If they put anything other than stock in there it's not going to handle as good. My guess would be Moog, that is a rough ride(had them on my 90GT).

Comment

A remote start would be a good idea, however, you'd have to install it as by law no one technically should install that on non auto equipped vehicles.
                              1988GTU As long as the command start is built for a manual vehicle they will install them up here. I usually install my own though anyway.

Purple pit I'd break it. I can't have anything nice. Right know I just use my wife's old stuff. Pentex W60 is what I have right know. Drop and water resistant! I need a video camera, the W60 doesn't have the best quality video and I film more stuff than I take pictures of.

I've got a set of old REAL blue bottles I could cut off by old blazer, lol. I'm actually going to start using cutouts. Nice quite muffler for town etc, but a striaght pipe when required.

Comment

LOL yeah you have to have a neck strap. That way if you do drop it, it won't go far.

Ouch, not sure I could take an open pipe on a Quad 4. That's one way of doing it for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X