1990 Isuzu project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Isuzu project

Hello, new here. Have a 1990 Isuzu 4x4 pickup i am working on swapping a 3.1L turbocharged engine into. Be a fairly long project because like most people i got too many. Will have a few questions in the furure regarding swapping a FWD engine into a RWD vechicle. Thanks

Is it from the turbo grand prix? Not sure what all will need to be done but the starter location is for sure different. I would think a new exhaust and turbo setup would be necessary for a RWD conversion. Def take some pics as you get this going, it isn't often a gen 2 motor gets swapped into something these days.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Is from a 90 grand Prix. Have a rear wheel drive block that i plan to swap everything into. Going to be some fab work on the exhaust but gives me something to look forward too. Need to source a trans from a trooper that came with a v6 as the 4cly one won't work.Did buy a non running trooper that i was going to use as a parts truck but 15 bucks later it was running good enough to not part it out.

Comment

That is a lot of work for what I assume is just the starter location on the block.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

While i haven't cked it out yet the engine mount pads on block are supposed to be different. Plus the starter location. Don't mind the work. Retired so have to do something besides working on my 8 sec drag car, 11 sec bracket car, JR dragster for the grand kids, Household stuff for the wife, keeping up with the 66 acre property. and working on other peoples cars makes for a long day. . Oh i forgot my 84 chevy dually that i am redoing(8.1L/nv4500 manual trans backed by a Doug Nash underdrive unit) and getting ready for paint(traded mechanic work for the paint job). Wouldn't change a thing!

Comment

Working...
          X