Just for Shitz and giggles, i contacted Z-spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I fogot that one too... LOL

Plus JBP and Mantapart give Canada a bad name. Is/was RSM Canadian too?

If so, I am sorry. At least I can say every header flange set I sold arrived on time. The product was as advertised and they were sold very cheep yet the quality was excellent.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

mantapart is ohio, just like MMS and Intense. ZZP is michigan. I am in indiana along with lingenfelter. Go indiana!
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rhedalert View Post
        Did they do anything with the exterior of the TB? There are "indents" just behind the mouth lip that will have no material at 62mm. Maybe they filled them in with molten aluminum, maybe they honed the edge to 62mm and tapered it to less in that area? I would have done it at up to 62mm myself but even going to 60 would have been too risky.
        No I measured the throttle plate with a micrometer. They claimed that it was sleeved, when I asked how they did it. I will have to look closer at those indents tomorrow, and try to see what they did.

Comment

I measured Mine to be 61mm
          Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
          02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
          www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

I still find it kind of shiesty how they'll have pics of their products up one month, and then not the next - even still $400 for a 62mm unit is an astout rip-off. I can get a stock TB bored out to 60mm for $100, and that includes cutting the new throttle plate and fitting it to the throttle stem. The same machine shop is willing to bore and sleeve a stock unit to 62mm for $150 (although I don't really trust sleeved units).

RSM is bunk, IMO, I've heard from numerous people that've had issues with their crap. The only thing I would even consider from them is the poly suspension kit for a GA, but I'm not willing to spend $500 for that; I'd rather wait and see if Energy Suspension will get a kit out soon.
            N-body enthusiast:
            {'87 Grand Am SE - 3.0 90* v6} / {'93 Grand Am LE - 3.3 90* v6}
            {'98 Grand Am SE - 2.4 Q4} / {'99 Grand Am GT1 - 3400 60* v6}

Current Project:
            {'90 Chevrolet C1500 Sport 350TBI}

Comment

We can make a kit for less than that. I have the w body kit that was 300+ and its total shit for 300 bucks. I can't even sell what I have left (everything minus trailing arm bushings) for 50 bucks!
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by prophiseer View Post
                The same machine shop is willing to bore and sleeve a stock unit to 62mm for $150 (although I don't really trust sleeved units).
                I would prefer a sleved unit. Sleves are typicall billet or an extruded peice. This means no casting flaws. As long as the sleve is presed in correctly there are no issues.
                1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Plus 1 for the billet throttlebody. I got mine last week. Ben got it to me in no time at all and was very helpful whenever i had questions.

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                    We can make a kit for less than that. I have the w body kit that was 300+ and its total shit for 300 bucks. I can't even sell what I have left (everything minus trailing arm bushings) for 50 bucks!

one of my only posts here and of course I am off topic.. lol

anyways.. I would love it if there were a poly bushing kit available to us from anyone since RSM is such a bunch of jerks... what would it take to get these started being made? I know for sure tons of people will show there interest...

back on topic- No reason to use a worthless RSM piece when you can get billet 62 and 65 mm from here... not to mention the fact that RSM is flat out lying to people about these TBs not being good and that they wont work... how low can they get?!?!?!

Comment

I will need the stock replacement bushings first. If there are any weak parts, I would find/make new ones. For example the trailing arms on my 91 GP can be replaced with GMPP trailing arms. I wouldn't make a bushings for the stock trailing arm.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                      X