"race enthusiasts" lost in left field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "race enthusiasts" lost in left field

ok so i have been looking around at a few of the v6 forums and such...you prob will know which ones i am talking about. i have noticed a growing trend. the first is the need to tell every little kill story that you even attempt to race in. also the fact that "killed" an import honda civic that "sounded like it had good power or alot of mods, or sounded mean". also the fact of trying to downplay your car and/or driving skill(or lack there of) when u get beat by something that everyone else says that you should beat or have beaten in the past. and also they hold in such high esteem the "fast" mods of what is usually a start mod for most people. also they think their car is so fast until it gets beaten by a 2 door family sedan, or an older inferior V6(ie 3400 or lower in displacement than...well u know). and also why do they always quote what they heard from a third cousin of their former room mate from having walked all over a car of a similar style. and lastly, why do they try to downplay the fact that the 4 door sedan that uses the same displacement engine that their car has, yet they forget theirs is only a series 2 and the s/c version is a series III or so, and it is S/C. by now u have guessed who i am talking about. i went over there to see what the big deal was and why everyone over there were such pompus a holes, well i found out why. its really hard for me to see where they are comming from, but then again i cant get my head that far up my @$$

on civics... yeah. i'm not gonna go there.

Comment

go to honda tech in their forced induction forum. Pic any random thread and I bet the car in that thread if complete and running would mop up 99% of the cars on this board.

So I wouldn't talk shit about civics. They weigh less then your boat, and with the right turbo setup, will make 200 whp+ in a 2300lb car. Way more then enough to lay the smack down on your bolt on grand ams on here.

Comment

Welcome to clubgp. Home of the arrogant and stupid.
        Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun41178 View Post
          go to honda tech in their forced induction forum. Pic any random thread and I bet the car in that thread if complete and running would mop up 99% of the cars on this board.

So I wouldn't talk shit about civics. They weigh less then your boat, and with the right turbo setup, will make 200 whp+ in a 2300lb car. Way more then enough to lay the smack down on your bolt on grand ams on here.
          Oh boy, fast civics and shaun is all fired up. You can make anything fast so who cares? Grand am is a boat? The 59 olds dynamic 88 is a boat. I guess when you drive a cramped 2 seater with no real leg room for people above average height, then everything else is a boat. All in perspective.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

hey spruce ur half right, that is one of the sites...ill let u guess at the other one

Comment

Oh you mean the other equally respected site... FTV6.com
              Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Well i can add to this, hondas CAN be quick, many mods and such. there are many things that you can do to them though compared to our vehicles. but stock vs stock we got it. Ive raced plenty of hondas. Turbochared, yeah of coarse their fast. My car has intake, wires, exhaust and its pretty quick. hondas without forced induction or a TON of motor work will never hit 14s. I raced a honda civic four door with a 1.8 DOHC non vtec, header, header back Greddy exhaust, AEM fuel rail, AEM intake, lower geared trani, and a chip of some sort. he is the only honda to beat me yet, excluding boosted of coarse. he only took me by a car length.

1996 Beretta
                3100 SFI TURBO
                T28 60 Trim Turbo at 9psi, Stage 1 turbo cam mms, lifter upgrade springs mms, P&P heads, ls6 Valve Springs, Ported exhaust manifolds, Hyperuetectic pistons SP, 3.29 trani, MSD 8.5 wires, open exhaust, Pulstar plugs, 3400 intake manifolds, ported TB, 36 lb/hr injectors, RCI Fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, A/C Bypass, and much more.
                13.1 @ 103 mph best in the 1/4 mile

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun41178 View Post

Ummm 1992 Geo prizm 2400lbs. Powerful(RAWR) 1.6l I4 DOHC. 102hp(about 80whp) 101tq(about 79wtq). Add a turbo and you got about a 30% increase in power(about 110 whp), then its HOMG T3H PWNAGE FTW GEO. I wanna soup up a 92 geo prizm one day. j/k. Hear the 4AFE RAWRRRRR...or fart.

o and 60degreev6 4 life.
                  Last edited by Z3R0; 03-21-2007, 01:27 PM.
                  Originally posted by wozxx...{is 92 mph in a school zone illegal?}
                  I was going relatively fast thru a school zone and was caught. However, I managed to zip into a neighborhood and evade the cop. Could I get additional tickets by trying to run?

Comment

we have a winner

Comment

Originally posted by gectek View Post
                      we have a winner
                      Yayyy do i get a life time supply of rice as a prize. hmmm L67 swap into Geo Prizm....sounds perfect.

race story:
                      Sooo I wuz lyke u cant beet mah honda it haz teh v-tak and itz lyke the turbo. So we were lyke racin' and he had like 55 bus lenths on me. Then Mah v-tak kicked in and then I got rite on hizazz so fazt. But I still cooldnt pass him so i wuz lyke eff dis yo. I hit teh nawz and blew rite by him and in unda 4 seconds i wuz lyke 323243 airplane lengths in front of him. i wun t3h race.

O_O
                      Last edited by Z3R0; 03-21-2007, 01:34 PM.
                      I was going relatively fast thru a school zone and was caught. However, I managed to zip into a neighborhood and evade the cop. Could I get additional tickets by trying to run?

Comment

My freind has a honda hatchback. he asked his grandpa "how do I make my honda run 12s" his grandpa said ".......eehh drop a stock 350 in her" i loved it!

1996 Beretta
                        3100 SFI TURBO
                        T28 60 Trim Turbo at 9psi, Stage 1 turbo cam mms, lifter upgrade springs mms, P&P heads, ls6 Valve Springs, Ported exhaust manifolds, Hyperuetectic pistons SP, 3.29 trani, MSD 8.5 wires, open exhaust, Pulstar plugs, 3400 intake manifolds, ported TB, 36 lb/hr injectors, RCI Fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, A/C Bypass, and much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrogan View Post
                          My freind has a honda hatchback. he asked his grandpa "how do I make my honda run 12s" his grandpa said ".......eehh drop a stock 350 in her" i loved it!
                          LOL

Why not put a ported 3400 in a honda...60* powers the world.

Then again the hoda body isnt built for that kinda power. The body would come right off of the frame...if not a unibody.
                          Last edited by Z3R0; 03-21-2007, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah it would be a project. I thought it was quite funny cuz this kid is a honda freak all about the rice, and his grandpa just tells him to put a 350 in it.

1996 Beretta
                            3100 SFI TURBO

Comment

the best honda i ever saw had a HO Q4 in a CRX. it's in columbus now i think. apparently it was very very quick, as in 12's quick on the stock Q4 w/ stock th125.

Comment

Working...
                              X