Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$2200 Bill to have 6 Dash Pieces Painted!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that is crazy. Time to learn how to fiberglass yourself!
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

he can't sue you for anything.

nothing is in writing. the parts are now his to do with as he pleases and you go to the boneyard and get new ones. this is why machine shops have to sell off parts all the time, because people bring stuff in and tell them "do it" and when the $1000 bill comes back they can't pay.

Comment

that's nuts...

and to think, 2 cans of black spray paint, a little can of bondo-glass and some sand paper.. at the most 2-3 hrs of work. I wouldn't pay them shit
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
          that's nuts...

and to think, 2 cans of black spray paint, a little can of bondo-glass and some sand paper.. at the most 2-3 hrs of work. I wouldn't pay them shit
          Well fuhqing said. I've been calling and visiting wrecking yards all day
          Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
          02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
          www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

holy shiite, man - that's ridiculous all the way! But, yeah, if you never signed a work order, don't worry about going to court. Even if they did get the balls to subpoena you, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on for those rates. We've got shadetree ricer shops around here that would do that kind of work (albeit ricer quality) for about 1/3 of what the guy is trying to charge you.

I'd go looking through the bonehoards, consider it a lesson learned. But, if you ever need custom interior fabrication/painting done, it's prob best to stay away from shops more known for audio work - most of the kids working those shops couldn't tell the difference between the (+) and (-) terminals on the battery.
            N-body enthusiast:
            {'87 Grand Am SE - 3.0 90* v6} / {'93 Grand Am LE - 3.3 90* v6}
            {'98 Grand Am SE - 2.4 Q4} / {'99 Grand Am GT1 - 3400 60* v6}

Current Project:
            {'90 Chevrolet C1500 Sport 350TBI}

Comment

Originally posted by blackbombshell95 View Post
              Call the BBB? I got their phone number last night and i'm waiting until 9:00 a.m. when they open and i'm going to call them.
              Did you call? What happened??

Originally posted by blackbombshell95 View Post
              And before I left, I asked him. "If you told me that you would charge me $2200 for this job right when I handed you the parts, what do you think I would say??" He immediately looked at the floor and went onto another subject.

And not only that. He claimed he called 2 shops this morning and tried to get quotes. He said both shops don't do that type of work. One of the shops he mentioned was Maaco. After our arguement I stopped by maaco and noone called to get a quote for dash painting. Maaco quoted me $250 plus tax to paint the 6 pieces. And I've already paid in the past $150 to have a universal pod mounted/molded/painted to my stock A pillar and shipped to my home.

So $450 at the most
              '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

I called and they just told me to file a complaint. In which I did. But that doesn't matter. I've moved on and bought an A pillar with a triple pod already attached from easytoremeber
                Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
                02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

unbelieveable!
                  Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
                  3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
                  Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
                  2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
                  TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

wow ... usually the BBB is better than that ... i feel bad for ya man

Comment

I'm not sure how much clout BBB has other than publicizing bad buisness but your local department of agriculture should be able to help you.

In Florida that department handles buisness issues of the nature you have. When I worked as a sales person at Sears Automotive years ago, I had two complaints filed against me which went through the Department of Agriculture and Sears was required by them to respond, possibly because these people alos issue buisness license.

Fortunately for me, I was never driven to rip people off and in each case it was proven that by the documented book rate and store policy I had actually under charged the customer for the service and it never went further than just letting me know the complaints had been filed. What happened was these individuals showed their bills to someone who had never seen the bad parts or inspected their vehicles and loosely said they had been ripped off, never mind the transmission fluid they unwhittingly put in the brake mastercylinder that ultimately brought them to us.

The signature means everything, so I wouldn't worry to much about being sued by them.

On a different note, any buisness that would do work for a customer without a written estimate is not a smart buisness or is out to rip you off by allowing you to get yourself in a jam with them by giving them something you really need (your car for instance) resulting in the likelyhood that you will pay their outrageous quote.

If you can't give me a written estimate with the condition that you will not do anything that will cost more without my consent, you can't do work for me.

Never agree to any service without knowing the cost before hand, it's asking for trouble.

Comment

unwhittingly put in the brake mastercylinder that ultimately brought them to us.
                        HAHAHAHAHA, Did they want to know why their brakes were "suddenly locking up" every few miles. My father did that on a truck he had when he was young, and grabbed the same size container of what he thought was brake fluid. He still tells the story of cruising on the highway and a few seconds after touching the brake, the tires would lock (in the 70's this was also 4 wheel drum, lmao).
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

Here's what I'd do, call the police, tell them that they are holding your property without consent, have them go in with you to get it, when they say that he didn't pay this he didn't pay that, tell the police that you did not agree on ANY price let alone 2200 and that you were not given a work order or an estimate. You get your parts back!

My buddy's dad took his sons standard Z34 lumina to a high price tranny rebuild shop, the shop rebuilt the tranny, and asked for 5000 dollars. My buddy found out where the car went and just showed up with the police and said thats my car, I don't know how it got here! Police verified the vin and verified that it wasn't his signature on the work order, and poof.. Truthfully speaking this father is an idiot tho, thought he was gonna do something nice for the son without asking him, knowing that he didn't have the money to pay for it.

Comment

Canadian tire fucked me outta 2500 dollars! Do not let anybody touch your car without a written quote or work order that you keep a copy of!

If they break something and you don't have a work order, you suck up the cost!

Not to mention that it is Illegal! (its their way of staying off the books)... Here in canada, there is a ministry of labour or whatever guide that is available to the public that ALL mechanics must adhere to, it governs how much per hour and how many hours you can charge per event per vehicle. Period.

Comment

federal law says if you didn't sighn a estimate you are not required to pay for items serviced, i would do liek a few others said and call the police and take them down there tell them they where not authorized to do the work and did it anyway then treid to charge, and charge way!!!!!!!!!!! too much. f.... them they suck

Comment

ya for $2200 bux, tell them they can have your parts and start over.

without a signed work order and you get a few quotes from other places, their case is weak and they know it.

their threats are weak too. if he threatens to take you to court, tell him it will cost him more b/c you will bring his entire crew to court as witnesses, you will drag on the case for as long as possible with multiple continuences and with all that missed time we'll see who it cost more when he loses.

also if you want to really fuck with him and you do not mind paying to do it, you can pay $45 i think to sue him 1st then offer to settle for that quote you already have. but make sure you are ready to do battle in case he calls you on it.
                                Last edited by dohcfiend; 06-10-2007, 04:19 PM.
                                The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Working...
                                X