Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$2200 Bill to have 6 Dash Pieces Painted!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verbal consent won't hold up in court. Not sure if this is the law, but I have noticed that at the local tire and quick repair shops around here, they all have a notice saying they are required to give you a written estimate that you agree to if they know the job is going to be more than like 25 bucks.

MONICAZ34 seems to have the best advice, technically it is all accurate. They won't give you back the parts because you won't pay for something you didn't agree to, which sounds flat out illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by skinrock View Post
      MONICAZ34 seems to have the best advice, technically it is all accurate. They won't give you back the parts because you won't pay for something you didn't agree to, which sounds flat out illegal.
      Agreed! Aside from it maybe not being worth the time if you already got the parts done the way you wanted them for cheap, I don't see why you couldn't sue for your parts back. If there's nothing in writing then as far as your concerned you were waiting for an estimate, not a repair. I would attempt to get a receipt of some sort for the work they did if you don't already have one so they don't lie and say you never gave them any parts. Obviously don't sign it. You can claim that your Job or your dad or someone needs to see it before the'll pay. If you say you were just waiting for an estimate, I don't think any judge is going to believe the shop when it says your lying, AND, you VERBALLY agreed to pay $2200 to have some plastic painted and what not; Especially if you bring in some other estimates.

Comment

I went through all 4 pages and no pictures? I want to see what a $2k+ ripoff looks like
        MyG6.com Admin

Comment

This is all one page. Change your settings in the user CP.

I dont think he has them to show you.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
            This is all one page. Change your settings in the user CP.

you people are weird..pages=ftmfw! lol
            MyG6.com Admin

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post

Correct
              Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
              02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
              www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

i got 4 pages too

Comment

Same here, I prefer this setting than having 50 replies on one page, makes it easier to find a post, later.

Comment

viva la revolucion!
                    MyG6.com Admin

Comment

I work in the industry and can tell you the law for the state of Ohio. If your in Ohio you must sign to have them even look at your car, and you must sign for agreement of work to be completed via your authorization of either specifically written or oral estimate. If you didn't sign anything, then they were not authorized to do ANY work and your not liable to pay them a cent. Bottom line, if you gave no signature they screwed. BUT, if you signed something not all hope is lost, read their fine print, you may have only given them permission to inspect or estimate the future work, not to have the work done. So again, they screwed. And for $2K it better be gold plated.
                      sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
                      A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
                      Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
                      Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
                      PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

man sorry to hear you having a tough time with those people .over 2k sounds loke a lot of money for that job ,perghaps you should start doing some of those jobs your self and avoid some of this kind of hussles ,but thats just me.
                        hope the best.
                        i just love to watch the wheels turn around and around

Comment

Working...
                        X