350hp N/A Fiero, pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350hp N/A Fiero, pics!

The neighbor to us at the CNC shop had this sitting under a cover at his bay. It's a custom 327 swap that included making a 1" thick aluminum adapting plate. Of course he discovered the Caddy v8's would mount to the tranny AFTER the swap . The owner is about 60-65yrs old, and has a hand-built (by him, frame and all) Harley right behind the Fiero. The old 660 MPFI was sitting up on the loft above the office with over 300k miles on it.
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

That thing is HOT.

Comment

it makes 350 in the fiero or out of the fiero?
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
        it makes 350 in the fiero or out of the fiero?
        Probably at the flywheel. He didn't dyno it, he just pulled a 327 out of a car that had claims of 350hp, and rebuilt it. The car is in really good shape, too.
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

Ugh, typical fiero owner mentality. I asked because with a V8, there is no room for a good exhaust. Most 300+ claims end up with low to mid 200 dyno pulls.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

350 isnt very impressive regardless. Its a chevy small block. Its got more aftermarket than anything out there.
            2006 AWD TBSS 12.538 @ 106.92 1.66 60' Bolt-ons only

Comment

even with bad exaust, its easy to get to much power for the car from a smallblock. build a 383 stroker, good heads, cam, intake and carb and you can easily have a motor that over 450 hp at the crank. even through some badly designed headers and poor exaust system, you will end up over 350 at the wheels with that.

Comment

I wish I took pics of the headers, they are nicely built one-off's. Basically it's a stock 327. I was surprised at the age of the guy who built it, like I said, he was well over 60.
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

My friend Rob has a fiero with a ZZ4 crate engine in it set up for a 200hp nitrous system. Besides for cutting the fender well for crank pulley clearnace, it was a pretty straight-forward swap.
                  I don't remember his dyno numbers exactly but hp and torque were both in the 500s.

Comment

most guys out in my area that mod fieros are middle aged. there are a few younger guys with em, but usualy they end up doing stupid stuff like putting 20s on it, or just light bolt ons.

we have some pretty crazy ones localy. one guy has a 4.9 caddy swap 86 gt, a 305 swapped 87, a turbo eco swap car, a 4.9 swapped 308 rebody, a turbo 3.8, and a few others. im surprised tho, no 3.4tdc, no 3400, and no l67. most guys seem to go small and turbo or just big, nothing inbetween

Comment

Very clean install. Sure a 4.9L caddy motor bolts up, but is only 200hp. The 327 is a lot more fun!
                      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Man, i'd love to put my 3500 in a Fiero..

nice car, i've been looking alot into Fieros lately, seen a ton of V8 swaps and a few good videos.. Those cars seem to like the added HP.
                        Past Builds;
                        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                        Current Project;
                        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Looks nice. I too have seen a lot of Fieros around. Seen a GT with a 12" tall wing on the back and two chicks driving it. Probably was a 2.8 or something.
                          Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
                            Looks nice. I too have seen a lot of Fieros around. Seen a GT with a 12" tall wing on the back and two chicks driving it. Probably was a 2.8 or something.
                            Don't you mean 2.5? The "4tech" straight four was an option in them .
                            Links:
                            WOT-Tech.com
                            FaceBook
                            Instagram

Comment

I dunno... I dont know that much about the options and what not... It sure did sound like a raspy v6.
                              Looked eactly like this:

So it probably was not the duke.iron.
                              Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X