1/4 mile database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 mile database

The 1/4 mile database is completly messed up... There are mustangs on it, a trans am, and a turbo GP that is claiming 8 flat and has like 99999 horsepower.

I thought this 1/4 mile database was for 60 degree cars only, not v8 cars and liars.

I am interested in making this kind of competitive. I have a car that is capable of being somewhere in the top 10.

I know i dont have much pull and am not a mod or admin, but i would like to see the 1/4 mile database cleaned up and made serious...

Just my little rant for today.. thanks
    94 Grand Prix
    3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

I think its linked to whatever you put in your profile. I don't even look at that database.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

maybe we could make a sticky of some sort. Im on a website from toledo ohio called toledo tuners... they have a thing called the dirty dozen, which is the 12 fastest cars, listed. then they have like the next 8 down known as "on deck"

Maybe if we could do somthin like this to promote a little fun, and if the competition stayed strong, it would promote people to modify thier cars.

In toledo its lots of fun, people try all season to be on the top of the dirty dozen. It kinda gives people bragging rights and some kind of goal.

just an idea..
      94 Grand Prix

Comment

There is always the custom messageboard title..
        <--------

Or you could just post it in your sig...

\/
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

thats what i did. but i also got a slip and info in the database too.
          i have no reason to bs whatmy car does. its a stock block with breathing and exhaling mods and thats it.
          im anxious to see what my frankenstien build pulls off.
          sigpic
          99 Grand Am GT
          3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
          Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
          1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
          515 515 lift 112 lsa
          15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

yeah you can post in your sig all day, but then you dont see how you stack up against everyone else. Im not saying everyone is BSing, actually i only see a couple that i think are crap.

Just an idea to have a little bit of fun on here
            94 Grand Prix

Comment

I think only 3 of those are bogus. But 2 of them are member's other vehicles. But yeah, the top one is crap. Other than that, the first page seemed legit to me. Didn't really look past that, because if you are BSing about a time less than 14.6, you are just lame...
              -Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

damn, i'm still in the top 10.. that's just sad. we need some faster cars!
                Past Builds;
                1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                Current Project;
                1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                  damn, i'm still in the top 10.. that's just sad. we need some faster cars!
                  patience, my friend
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

jbody.org does a simular idea, has a thread with the top 5 fastest in each catagory. they have seperate catagories for ecotec n/a, ecotec power adder, v6 na, v6 power adder, ect, and a "catch all" catagory for the top 5 fastest cars overall. and of coarse, actual time slips are needed for proof

to do that here you could have dohc n/a, pushrod n/a, and power adders class

Comment

I don't have time to deal with it. Brad may or may not, but most likely someone is going to have to step it up and take control of it.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i would be willing to watch over something like this.... thread format would be the easiest to keep track of though, just have a locked thread as to where people send me PM's if they think they can make it on the top 25 list or whatever you want to do, then we could have classes for everything listing 10 each to show the top ten in each class

something like-
                        pushrod n/a
                        pushrod nitrous
                        pushrod boost
                        dohc n/a
                        dohc nitrous
                        dohc boost

of course we would need information such as displacement, engine type (generation and which top end your using), transmission type and car/truck year make and model

and of course... this would be a time slip only competition

Comment

this sounds like a lot of fun to me.. On toledo tuners, it started out as a thread, that was made a sticky. people post in the thread their times. The first page of the thread has the "dirty dozen" chart that they just keep editing as people move around.

you could make it as simple as a sticky thread
                          94 Grand Prix

Comment

thats pretty much what i was thinking but locked so it didn't get junked up

Comment

i think it would be a great idea. I would be interested in helping to organize and maintain this thing
                              94 Grand Prix

Comment

Working...
                              X