Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Pet Pieve???

Whats everyones biggest pet pieve??

Mine is deffinately people who refer to nitrous as NOS or NAWZ... Because as far as im concerned NOS is a brand from Holley that deals Nitrous Oxide Systems.

according to Wikipedia under the search of "Nitrous" i find in the first paragraph..>>>>>

"It is also used in motor racing as an oxidizer to increase the power output of engines. Often it is incorrectly referred to as "NOS," referencing a manufacturer of automotive nitrous oxide equipment, Nitrous Oxide Systems."

All the people that i know and respect in the racing crowd call it Nitrous, spray, or use a phrase something like " i hosed the car after the 60"

Every time i go to the track or cruising the town, the young crowd and some of the older guys like to say to me "yo, i hear you are running the NOS!!! yo" and i sarcastically tell them that i dont have NOS, then say under my breath that i run Nitrous Express.

I find people that use the term NOS to sound ignorant. end of my rant...
    Last edited by JMo60; 01-04-2008, 10:41 PM. Reason: more ranting
    94 Grand Prix
    3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

you can thank fast and the furious for that one.
    sigpic
    99 Grand Am GT
    3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
    Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
    1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
    515 515 lift 112 lsa
    15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Biggest Pet Pieve : People who post about their biggest pet pieves on forums...
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

that works, sorry for commiting the offense hahha
        94 Grand Prix
        3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

Comment

NOS is easier to pronounce than NO2. At least that's where I think it stems from.
          1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

My biggest pet peive: Condensending Admins complaining about pet peive threads.
            Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael View Post
              NOS is easier to pronounce than NO2. At least that's where I think it stems from.
              Maybe that's a good thing since Nitrous Oxide is N2O

I say Nitrous, stems from my college days of opening a tank of medical grade inside a large tent full of horny chicks.
              Past Builds;
              1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
              1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
              Current Project;
              1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

My biggest pet peeve is the overuse of RPO CODES.

"Yeah. I like the B4U, but but I am stuck with the BYP. My LH0 was going out, so I did an LG8 swap. I had a spare L82, and I was tempted to do an L67, or at least an L32, but I finally came to my senses about that boat anchor. Some things that I did get done was the C68, and the UB3. I also got the FE3 with the FUX in, and now, I only need one more diode to do the AU3."

It just gets plain SILLY about 3 RPO codes into thats. Just so you know, they are all things that are common, but most people don't know what the hell you are rambling on about.
                Taylor
                1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
                1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
                1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
                1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
                "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

Originally posted by 3100 MPFI View Post
                  My biggest pet peeve is the overuse of RPO CODES.

"Yeah. I like the B4U, but but I am stuck with the BYP. My LH0 was going out, so I did an LG8 swap. I had a spare L82, and I was tempted to do an L67, or at least an L32, but I finally came to my senses about that boat anchor. Some things that I did get done was the C68, and the UB3. I also got the FE3 with the FUX in, and now, I only need one more diode to do the AU3."

It just gets plain SILLY about 3 RPO codes into thats. Just so you know, they are all things that are common, but most people don't know what the hell you are rambling on about.
                  I concur. You'd think there'd be an easy accessible RPO handbook somewhere.
                  Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

I concur with your concur. They also don't understand that some RPO codes are used more than once.

L82. Is that from the 3100, or from the CORVETTE?. L67. Is that series 1, or 2? AU3. There is NO w-body that got it. So how do I have it in my Cutlass Supreme? How was I able to swap it in? What is it? I posted that I have it in my car, but if you look into a W-BODY BOOK, you will not find it.
                    Taylor
                    1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
                    1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
                    1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
                    1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
                    "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

People that assume shit based on their own desires for reality.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post

I say Nitrous, stems from my college days of opening a tank of medical grade inside a large tent full of horny chicks.
                        now that sounds like a good night
                        sigpic
                        99 Grand Am GT
                        3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                        515 515 lift 112 lsa

Comment

I can uderstand the NOS thing for people who were around in the 80's, because that's about all we had available, but the kids now took it to a new level, lol.

That's like saying "Skil-saw" even though it's a circular saw, Skill made it popular/affordable.
                          Links:
                          WOT-Tech.com
                          FaceBook
                          Instagram

Comment

If I could make a second biggest pet pieve, I would have to say it's those pics with cats! It really annoys me more than it does laugh. I guess being on the internet forums for a long time will have certain things get to you.
                            Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
                              If I could make a second biggest pet pieve, I would have to say it's those pics with cats! It really annoys me more than it does laugh. I guess being on the internet forums for a long time will have certain things get to you.
                              oh what you mean these
                              sigpic
                              99 Grand Am GT
                              515 515 lift 112 lsa

Comment

Working...
                              X