Screw it. I'm going to Disney World!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw it. I'm going to Disney World!!

That's right. I am now 1 mile from Disney World. We decided we didn't want to spend another day at the beach, so we made some impromptu plans and drove down to Orlando. We are going to spend all day tomorrow at Disney World. After the nightly fireworks, we are starting the non-stop (maybe??) 1350+ mile trip home, so my wife can work all day Sunday. She's gonna be so tired.... At least the girls and I can veg out all day Sunday.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Damn work all day Sunday... I wish I was at Florida right now..
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

That is a pretty long drive for non stop. Hope mickey mouse is worth it
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
        Damn work all day Sunday... I wish I was at Florida right now..
        No you don't!

We did Mickey a couple of times in the summer when my wife was taking courses at Disney University (yes it does/did exist) and it's friggen HOT in July/August.

But have fun. At least the crowds aren't too bad, and be careful driving home.

That is a marathon!!

Comment

I went to disney last year (honeymoon) and I love it down there!! I went 2 years in a row and I would go this year, but the money isnt there for an expensive vacation. When we go we like to stay for a week and spend a day at each park. We would stay at a disney resort and not look at the car till its time to go!!! The bus system is great and the people are always cheery. Me and my wife joke that we think disney is giving the employees "happy" drugs lol. Animal kingdom is my favorite followed by epcot then magic kingdom. MGM is ok if your into movies and such....the lights motor action show is spectacular. I remember last year I had a beer from every country while I was at epcot's world showcase. Me and my wife really love disney and our most memorable moments happened at disney during our honeymoon, they really make newly wedds stand out!!

I hope you enjoy your day at disney the best fireworks show is at magic kingdom with the castleand epcot coming in second. Oh and you have to get on soarin and test track at epcot, they are bangin and in animal kingdom there is a safari ride too and ride mount everest....lol I could go on forever!
          sigpic
          94 Firebird 3.4 DD
          252000mi. All original

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
            I wish I was at Florida right now..

Me too

Can you believe it's only a few hrs for me to get to Disney, but have only been a few times. Can't stand the lines. We go to Busch Gardens every year on Thanksgiving day, though, no lines
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

Talk about a marathon... We left the condo on the beach on Thursday around 3:30 and arrived at the hotel (as stated above) around 9:30. Left the hotel on Friday morning a little after 8am, so we were at the park at 8:30, and at the gates right when they opened at 9am (we went to the Magical Kingdom). We spent the entire day seeing just about everything possible. I am especially proud of my 2 yr old (she'll be 3 at the end of Sept), as she made it the entire day, up until 9:45pm. So she missed out on the fireworks, but that's ok. We then loaded up the car and left the gas station at Disney at 11:15pm EST. We then drove straight through and arrived home at 3:30 CST. It ended up only being ~1150 miles from Orlando to home, but that's still averaging ~70mph without the gas and potty stops.

Needless to say, it was a heck of an end to a great week. We all had a blast, and I'm glad my wife convinced me to do it. I've been to Disney World before, but its totally different when you are watching your kids see it for the first time!
              -Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Well I am glad that you guys had a great time at disney world, it seems that you could be the grumpiest person in the world and disney would pry that smile right out!!! Magic kingdom actually is the biggest park at disney and has the most attractions. The park with the most acreage is animal kingdom because of theie african safari. We plan on going again next year definetly, this year we decided to give disney a rest lol we have been 2 yrs in a row
                sigpic
                94 Firebird 3.4 DD
                252000mi. All original

Comment

Eric, I like the heat. The only time I've been to Florida (3 times) was in July or August!! People that live in Missouri (HUMID) don't really notice a change in heat/humidity going to Florida. In fact it's often nicer at different parts of the day like right before the daily rain! haha. Plus you have beaches, warm winters, no brown recluses, lol. I hate winter/cold. Makes my bum shoulder hurt, makes me shiver, and you can't work on a car!!! LOL Overall here we've had a mild summer. Great weather with a lot of low 80's days. Other than the heat wave we had at first which was in the 90's.

Never been to Disney other than for a short fireworks show with my Dad as he had a meeting down there and they paid for us to see that then we had to leave. And went to the bars they had there once with a friend.
                  sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                  1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                  16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                  Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

We have brown recluse.
                    Links:
                    WOT-Tech.com
                    FaceBook
                    Instagram

Comment

Working...
                    X