No announcement yet.

Drifting question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone send me pics of the steering components, and possible the underside of the rear preferably without the axles? I never got the chance to really look at my brothers old rs... I kinda wish he would have kept it but he sold it for a bm lol.
    Firebird: The beta version
    sigpic

Comment

Better off asking on thirdgen... There is only a couple people on here with Camaros, and I'm not sure how often they all frequent. Or just do a Google search (3rd gen camaro steering in Google images brings up plenty of good pics).

Brad
      via Moto X
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I know the steering reaction and handling of my Ranger so I take that into consideration when I let the rear slide out into a drift when goofing around in the snow.

Do you think someone with a car with limited steering angle is going to swing it fast where they might pass the point of no return on being able to maintain a drift around the corner ans blow their drift, or err on the side of caution and controllable to avoid the goof and blow their points that round?

I think it would also be better to read those links 3400 put up. It's better to ask people that are actual drifters than those that are more interested in drag racing and auto-x.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I thought the steering angle was a major factor, but i was almost certain the reason they dont swing out like jap cars is the weight in the back.
          Firebird: The beta version
          sigpic

Comment

I like the way I could hang my BMW out there. I miss that car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't read the whole thread but just wanting to point out Vaughn Gittin Jr drifts a "muscle car" and angle is no issue.

I see you ask a lot of questions about drifting that can all be answered easily......... It's all about the suspension setup. Period. That's it.

The easiest way to make your third gen a good drift car is take to an event and just thrash it. At most "practices" or amateur events they have open track before the actual races. And most of the time you can ask someone who is experienced to ride along with you and help you. Not only will they help you with your technique but they can give advice on things to do to the car.

Power is not something you HAVE to have for drifting. Your driving style just had to be able to adjust to the power level.

For some neat amateur videos YouTube "stroud drifting" "friction Motorsports" or "sticktodrifting"

I could keep going on and on and on. But I am done for now. Lol. If you have any more questions feel free to message me. Drifting is a passion for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X