'nother newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'nother newbie

Sup. I've been interested in this site ever since I had my '89 base beretta (2.8/5sp). I went ahead and decided to join once I realized that this is clearly THE place to be when it comes to my new vehicle, a 1993 Lumina z34 coupe I've been in love with these for a while, and now I got one allllllll to myself. he he he. Excellent site, very well-laid out, most of the users are obviously well informed, and I'm especially glad to see people debate maturely over specific topics, not calling each other douchebags and other dumb shit when they're wrong. I look forward to meeting people on here, as well as making use of the 60v6store.

My car sucks below 3500rpm

Do you still have the 89? Just curious how they compare being a lighter 5 speed vs DOHC auto. Have you checked your timing belt and the cam timing? I see your sig says your car sucks below 3500 so im guessing stock timing still.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

yeah... the '89 has more initial torque... it pulls me until about 35 then I'll pass him up. The 'retta can't touch my z34 in the top end, which isn't a surprise im sure, seeing as how its only a 2.8. Of course, the '89 is also in excellent running condition, as opposed to my DOHC which needs a timing belt.... I think. I dont have any records of it ever being changed, and I had to do the breaks as soon as I got the car, so I'm assuming the maintenance of the previous owner was bullshit.

Edit: And yes, I'm still running stock timing. I plan to change that as soon as I can get my hands on a timing tool, but, seeing as how theyre gone, I'm kinda screwed for a while lol.

My car sucks below 3500rpm

Comment

Working...
      X