other 60v6's?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other 60v6's?????

do any other car makers use 60v6's out of curiousity???
    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Most all of them do.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

nice, so we are not limited to just gm for intake swaps then huh?

Comment

Volvo make a 60* V8, they put it in their SUV.

Kyle
        1992 Lumina Z34
        5 Speed
        Autozone civic intake
        Ultra White lights
        FFP Dogbone mount
        125k miles
        2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
        60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

Comment

well if the intake ports line up with the heads, bolt to them, and coolant ports line up, it clears and covers the rockers/arms then I guess you could use an intake manifold from another car...

Does anyone know what degree the 94 dodge intrepid motor is? It looks like it's like 45 or 30 degrees!! hehe heads are like straight up..
          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Thats like saying 90 V8s are all compatible. No, you don't have more options for intakes unless as isaac says, its a magical land with pixies and unicorns where all the auto makers use the same bolt patterns and port locations. God said no on that so there are no unicorns or pixies.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

actually i think noah boned that one up and left the unicorns and pixies off the ark.

yeah, there's no magical land of interchange between manufacturers, unless you're wondering if anyone else(isuzu) used gm 60* motors, in which case the intakes were GM parts anyway.

Comment

For sale: One pound of pixie dust, cheap! PM me.

Comment

There's a new car for 07 that has a 15*V6 but I can't remember the manufacturer (VW? Volvo?). I don't quite get the point of that though...they might as well have made it an I6.
                  1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

ha

i was thinking more of plenum swaps. i can't see how it would be impossible. plug the coolant to the upper plenum, make an adapter for the ports and make an adapter or change the flange to use a gm tb. or keep the stocker, i believe some of the manufacturers use the same reference signals for the tps and iac as gm.

hell, there is one guy one here adapting a s/c from a 90 degree engine. while i have no desire to try such a thing personally, it was only meant to be idle chatter. instead some people have to get their panties in a bunch and turn it into a witch hunt .

Comment

Originally posted by dohcfiend
                      some people have to get their panties in a bunch and turn it into a witch hunt .

Um..you? No one here is getting any panties in a bunch. The pixies might have but they don't exist. If you want idle chatter how about this. Adapting a different engines intake manifold would either be hard to do, give bad flow characteristics for the engines setup (compression/cam spece, displacement), cause hood clearance items, or cost far out the ass. Superchargers aren't intake manifolds. Its not like the companies making superchargers are platform/engine specific. Other companies use their chargers to make kits, ala intake manifolds, brackets for mounting, etc. GM may use the M90 on a 3800 but that doesn't make it a 90V6 supercharger.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael
                        There's a new car for 07 that has a 15*V6 but I can't remember the manufacturer (VW? Volvo?). I don't quite get the point of that though...they might as well have made it an I6.
                        Your thinking the VW VR6 motor. It basically squeezes 6 cylinders into the length of a 5 cly or less and still uses only one cylinder head like and inline motor. Its not a bad design at all.
                        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

And...it's an old design. Been around since the early 90's. Gets six cylinders in the space of an inline 4.
                          \"NASCAR is an integral part of my life. A part of me died when Dale Earnhardt died.\"

1997 Olds CS 4-door S/C - 183,527 miles
                          1999 Chevrolet Lumina 3100 - Wife took it at 158,340 miles
                          1989 Volvo 740GL Wagon 2.3 8v - 232,050 miles

Comment

VW motor, 2 cylinders share a oblong cumbustion chamber, totally f*ck'in weird.

And if you don't mind, when you say "old design," you better be talking pre 1970's!

Old...

4 valves per cylinder is old! circa 1920's experimental.
                            1950's Jag had 'em!
                            Alpha Romeo wop junk had it in the '60's!

Next you'll be telling me disc brakes are a new thing. and let me tell you they were around, in production, before corvette. How about turbos? they new? like 1980?!
                            Not really pissed just nothing better to do at 8 am.
                            sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
                            A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
                            Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
                            Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
                            PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Working...
                            X