No announcement yet.

How much boost and hp can a 98 3100 handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh plus what did you do about turbo manifolds? Any pics if you would that would be awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Tapatalk

Comment

Raven you suggested the 3400 bottom/3500top end but what do/can I do about the dis? Do I have to convert to coil packs how would I relay that to either the stock ecu or the megasqirt? I've read something about running a dis on a 3500 w/ carb but not very detailed

Comment

If you're going MS2, I suggest you start with the Megamanual or the MSExtra manual (depending on which code you are going to run) on the different ignition options.

Comment

Ok yea that helps alot im on page 15 of 113 it did cover changing from dis to coil packs. I think im gonna go through the different manuals to see wich version I want

Comment

The-raven I've been reading some other hybrid threads are saw you make your own header flanges do you sell them

Comment

Hey raven I just read that you adapted a 5 speed from a 300zx to your 3500 how bad was that? I've thrown around the idea of a vg30de swap but I hate the vg30de engine its a complicated beast but they can support 650hp+ but I never thought of using the trans was it really hard to adapt it or was it a straight forward adaptor plate? Plus ive been picking up parts for my build do I need 3x00 fwd pistons for the 3500 heads? I got a 3.4 out of a 94 camaro just the motor but its a start I've been trying to do all the research I can on my own but I end up reading something you wrote so I might as well just ask you plus I wantex to know if you had any pics of the famous franken60

Comment

Plus im a chevy guy I couldn't bring my self to have a nismo firebird

Comment

OK. I am getting confused just trying to follow here.

What car are you working with?

Do you have moderately advanced fabrication skills?

Have you ever completely stripped, measured, and reassembled *and made run* an engine before?

If not, we need to start there. If so, then at a minimum we need to know the target chassis, current engine, current engine management, and target engine and engine management.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok I started this thread when I had my 98 grand prix 3100 then while rebuilding it someone gave me a 91 firebir 3.1 im now working on that im fine when I comes to fabrication I mainly work on bikes Yamaha sx650 and this thing lol I do mostly just repairs on cars. swapping heads some bottom end work mainly rooky stuff most of the stuff Im confident in doing and the bottom end stuff I have a shop for. And so im working with a 91 fbody bone stock Im planning to do a 3.4/3500 hybrid running about 10-12 lbs of boost goal around 300 to the wheels and Im planning on a ms2x for engine management. I need to do a trans swap be for I even think about 300hp that were to adapting a 300zx trans comes in cheaper and stronger the a t56 and both require adaptor plates so thats were im at I already have a 3.4 still colecting parts but im ordering the ms 2 soon still looking for a 3500 donor

Comment

nver got to finish (the body and odds and ends) but I ran like hell was behind it. r1 with a stroker kit and not much heavier than stock.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuamc View Post
                        Hey raven I just read that you adapted a 5 speed from a 300zx to your 3500 how bad was that? I've thrown around the idea of a vg30de swap but I hate the vg30de engine its a complicated beast but they can support 650hp+ but I never thought of using the trans was it really hard to adapt it or was it a straight forward adaptor plate? Plus ive been picking up parts for my build do I need 3x00 fwd pistons for the 3500 heads? I got a 3.4 out of a 94 camaro just the motor but its a start I've been trying to do all the research I can on my own but I end up reading something you wrote so I might as well just ask you plus I wantex to know if you had any pics of the famous franken60

All of the details of both methods I've used so far are in my build thread. I started with an adapter plate, which I think was a little off line and then modified a bellhousing to eliminate the adapter plate.

As far as pistons go, only you can answer that. It depends on how much static compression you want to run.

Comment

Thanks raven youve helped tremendously I found your thread after I replied but im pretty set after reading a few threads im slowly reading every thread but I've bought a 3.4 bottom end im looking to buy a hole 3500 I've decided to build every thing on a stand Ill be following your thread closely while working with what I got. But ill be moving so ill be on hold for while but ill be starting a new thread to cover my build Im getting my ms2 soon so Ill start with the Install and make things alittle easier to follow because Im still working on both cars so hopefully thing run pretty smooth and I'll be doing the swap around thins time next year but I am looking for the 3500 at the moment do you have any input on me buying a n or k code 3500 any real difference?

Comment

Working...
                          X