3500 V6 For Sale has a Steel Crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 V6 For Sale has a Steel Crank

This engine is from an 04 Chevy Malibu, and was said and tagged by the salvager I purchased it from to have 0 miles on it. You look at it and be the judge as it looks to be fresh out of a crate. We debated the steel crank issue sometime ago where It was thought that GM only installed the steel crank in the Terraza or Rendezvous but after further suspicion due to the appearance of the crank in my other 3500 I investigated and discovered that my crank is indeed steel. I just removed the balancer bolt from the 04 crank and it has the same last 4 numbers (7484) matching the steel cranks last four numbers of the steel crank stock number (12577484) that the confirmed steel crank I have has on it in the same place.

Make me an offer, If I like it you get it, if I don't maybe I will how do you say
    part it out. I placed my reground turbo cam on Ebay under turbocharger but decided to post the engine here first. Potential buyer must make arrangements for pickup.

I have bigger plans than the 3500 and no need for two of them.

P.S. the crank reluctor ring is almost done so don't fret about not being able to run the engine in place of the 3400 or 3100
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 07-14-2006, 03:53 PM.

So you're getting rid of both? Or keeping one to toy with while you do another engine for your car?

MAN I wish I had space for the motor and a project car. I'd get the 5spd Sunbird GT in the junkyard and go at it!!!
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Getting rid of one.

Comment

$250+shipping to 61615
        '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
        '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
        '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
        '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
        Originally posted by Aaron
        This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX11
          $250+shipping to 61615
          Thanks respectfully but I'll have to decline.

Comment

You interested in selling just the heads & intakes?

1987 Fiero SE/Fastback - 3500 Turbo / OBD1 / '92 FWD Getrag 282

Comment

Originally posted by FallenZ24
              You interested in selling just the heads & intakes?
              Bonecrusher was first on the heads and lower intake, I'll have to see what the outcome is with someone else who has inquired about the upper plenum.

Comment

Fallen, I know you're going with the plenum for sure, but do you not have one yet? I should have mine on by the end of next week.
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

So what would be the ball park of reasonable.....I am in Daytona and could pick it up myself...............???

Comment

I'm down to the upper plenum and short block without the timing cover. I'll accept $300 for the short block. If it had the cast crank in it I would accept a lot less for it. Hopefully I'll have the 7x reluctor wheels for it within a week. Between me and at least two others that are working on it something should be available to make it work with the earlier PCM. Otherwise it will probably go in an S10

Comment

Ya if you could have the 7x wheel already setup on it I bet it'd sell fast! Even without heads/intakes as those can be found elsewhere or 3400 stuff used. What happened to the timing cover?
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

I have 3 external crank trigger setups already. Going on the store today once I upload the pictures.
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes
                          Ya if you could have the 7x wheel already setup on it I bet it'd sell fast! Even without heads/intakes as those can be found elsewhere or 3400 stuff used. What happened to the timing cover?
                          The timing cover is fine, I have other plans for it, I'm sure it will work however it is currently setup as pwr steering pump delete on the particular engines I have, which is no problem in a Fiero. More importantly I don't know If I'll be able to install the 3900 without a hassle with it's timing cover design which is different so I need it as backup in the event it doesn't.

Comment

Ah I see your plans now. 3900 eh? Going to use a window switch to activate the VVT or the V intake? anyways back on topic. I assume a 3400 timing cover could be used on this motor?
                            Free bump!
                            Original L82 Longblock
                            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes
                              Ah I see your plans now. 3900 eh? Going to use a window switch to activate the VVT or the V intake? anyways back on topic. I assume a 3400 timing cover could be used on this motor?
                              Free bump!
                              Window switch, no way, from what I understand of what I read the cam advances and retards which suggests a neutral point. I plan to be a bit more sophisticate than that by manipulating it with Basic Stamp micro computer to read engine rpm, TPS & MAP sensors to adjust for it.

I have an extra 3500 timing cover with PS pump delete in the event I need it. I believe the lifters function normally as a default setting and that DOD has to be activated diverting oil flow at some point, otherwise a failure of the system would leave you in a severe limp state running on 3 cylinders.

So at a minimum I should be able to run the engine as a traditional non VVT setup even if I have swop out some of its special parts.

It will have two Garrett T3s attached to the high efficiency manifolds with .60 compressor wheels and .48 turbine housings. That combination is good for 74% compressor efficiency from around 3500 rpm to 6000 rpm at 10-14 psi. The biggest plus about this engine in addition to its displacement is the oil jets for cooling the pistons, a big plus for a turbo engine. I'm not sure whether or not I'll install my turbo cam yet given the VVT option and the possibility the 3900 cam is different than the others before it.

It's going in a Fiero

Comment

Working...
                              X